Johnson & Johnson Careers
Post-Doctoral Fellow Immune Oncology Research
Requisition ID: 5214171119
The candidate will join a dynamic oncology organization
to study therapies that modulate the immune system for the treatment of
different types of human malignancies. More specifically, he/she will study the
impact of therapeutics that redirect T cells to tumor cells, using preclinical mouse
tumor models and in vitro assays. The
goals of these studies will be aimed at understanding mechanisms of response and resistance to T cell redirection
agents. Approaches will include characterization of anti-tumor efficacy in murine
syngeneic models and profiling immune responses in the tumor microenvironment
following treatment with distinct agents. These studies will also test the
ability of specific combination regimens to enhance efficacy.
Candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate across the oncology discovery and translational research departments at Janssen, as well as with prominent academic labs studying immune modulation in cancer.
- Candidate will have a PhD with 0-2 years of experience in immunology or cancer immunology. Expertise in T cell biology is strongly preferred.
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry is required.
- Expertise in design, execution and interpretation of cell based assays/experiments to interrogate functional effects on primary immune cells is required.
- Expertise in molecular biology including RNA, DNA and protein analysis is preferred.
- Will design, execute and interpret studies for testing the anti-tumor efficacy of immunotherapies in preclinical tumor models
- Will characterize distinct immune cell populations present in tumor or periphery of treated mice using multi-color flow cytometry
- Will isolate primary mouse immune cells and test functionality in vitro/ex vivo using multiple readouts that include multi-color flow cytometry, MSD/ELISA, cell proliferation, and cellular cytotoxicity
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage multiple experiments simultaneously
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready' format
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute to various projects outside of his/her own, and collaborate within and outside own discovery group and across relevant functions
- Keep up-to-date with the literature related to his/her field.
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)