Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
You will lead category expertise with the customer through the development and execution of customer/franchise-specific strategic category management plans. You will partner directly with your J&J business partners and customers to shape and lead forward-thinking, shopper and category focused recommendations. Ultimately, building customer value and growth across assigned categories, in alignment with broader company and customer initiatives!
- Leading category reviews for assigned customer, including shopper & category insights and trends to inform tactical opportunities and strategic direction
- Shaping customer recommendations inclusive of new products innovation, merchandising initiatives, and providing assessment of risks/opportunities
- Advising as category authority based on advanced Category, Shopper knowledge and Macro global trends
- Delivering on customer account team business target by influencing the fundamentals including merchandising, distribution and assortment of assigned J&J brands supported by shopper, category and product/brand insights and analytics
- Collaborating with customer teams and market units to lead and craft shopper, retail and category focused growth driving opportunities, as part of business planning process
- Shaping and applying insight based “Best In Class Merchandizing Principles” through development of “Category Toolkits”
- Identifying, quantifying, tracking and communicating results against key priorities and shelf metrics, in consultation with Retail Channel, Market Unit, RGM and Customer teams.
- Identifying and leading opportunities for groundbreaking category design and reinvention projects in conjunction with the Retail innovation team.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or a Specialization in Business Administration, Marketing is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of progressive experience within sales and/or marketing required
- Previous experience working within Consumer Packaged Goods or within Retail Industry preferred.
- Prior experience with category management, cross-functional and/or cross-industry experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop sophisticated reports and analyze complex data to develop conclusions.
- Full knowledge of class of trade, assigned customer group, category, competitive products, competitive strategies and industry trends.
- Strong business and financial acumen, with validated ability effectively use syndicated data resources, and financial/profitability metrics to derive recommendations.
- Highly effective influencing skills, with shown ability to collaborate effectively across functions.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships across levels and functions with internally and externally.
- High intellectual curiosity on broader business and market/industry trends.
- Successfully handle and adjust to multiple and competing priorities under tight timelines.
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed environment where priorities change rapidly and high complexity is evident.
- Knowledge of statistics and research methodologies is helpful.
- In-depth computer skills, with ability to build, manipulate, revise and modify data, documents, presentations and spreadsheets, including working knowledge of space management software.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)