Johnson & Johnson Careers
Category Associate – Professional Education / Access
Requisition ID: 5209190123
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Category Associate – Professional Education / Access to be located in Somerville, NJ with consideration given to New Jersey J&J Locations (Titusville, Raritan, Skillman and New Brunswick).
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
You will be responsible for supporting the NA Regional Category Lead for Professional Education Procurement in managing the category strategies of the spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This individual will monitor, analyze and report on the organization’s activities and ability to deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence. This individual will also lead cross functional sourcing teams to develop strategies for Professional Education sub-categories of spend, including but not limited to: Advisory Boards, Speaker Bureaus, Speaker Training, and Publication Planning.
- Assist in developing and driving the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community
- Assist in executing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or sub-categories of spend to ensure they effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for JNJ
- Interface directly with supplier management to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost
- Partners with Category Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Develop supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, an Advanced Degree is preferred
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant procurement experience is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Analytical, sound judgment and decision making is required
- Demonstrated track record of delivering against targets and objectives is required
- Ability to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives is required
- Level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.) is preferred
- Ability to develop a high level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community is preferred
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time domestically and/or internationally is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)