Johnson & Johnson Careers
Skillman, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 5207180627
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist located in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a global, dynamic, highly networked environment to improve the lives and healthcare of others.
As a Scientist, working within Global Oral Care / Wound Care R&D, Microbiology you will:
• Be responsible for Method design and execution of in vitro and ex vivo experiments assessing efficacy of new technologies and new products to support the long-term growth of the Oral Care and Wound Care franchises
• Be part of a core team of microbiology experts, executing and creating novel models that are predictive of clinical outcomes, provide mechanistic insights of new technologies, and/or establish the basis for new product claims
• Develop and execute lab experiments, collaborating closely with internal and external R&D partners
• Communicate results of research regularly, internally to upper management, and externally at appropriate scientific conferences
• Patent Intellectual Property when feasible
• Be encouraged to publish scientific discoveries, to help share the outcomes of our research initiatives
• Conduct literature and patent searches
• Collaborate on design of experiments with project partners
• Execute experiments, data acquisition and analysis
• Interpret and support lab operations
• Minimum of a BS Degree with 3 years of experience OR a MS Degree with 0-2 years of experience is required
• Applied method development research experience is preferred
• Excellent aseptic technique handling bacteria, microbial biofilms and cell cultures is required
• Must be able to operate in and leverage resources in a highly networked team environment
• Ability to collaborate, independently manage routine processes, take measured risks, and make well informed decisions to drive project progress is required
• Hands-on experience with high-throughput experimentation tools (e.g. micro-well plates, liquid handing instruments or spectrophotometers) is required
• Working knowledge of microbiome analysis tools, fluorescence microscopy, and/or antimicrobial efficacy testing is required
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects is required
• Microbiome related research experience is preferred
• Confocal or digital imaging microscopy is preferred
• Microbial biofilm research is preferred
• Experience with image analysis software programs such as MATLAB or other statistical analysis software is preferred
• Up to 10% domestic travel is required
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)