Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager - External Manufacturing Supply Integration
Requisition ID: 5197181023
DePuy Synthes, A Johnson & Johnson company, is hiring a Senior Manager - External Manufacturing Supply Integration (EMSI). The preferred location for this role is Warsaw, IN with consideration given for applicants who wish to work from Bridgewater, NJ, West Chester, PA or Raynham, MA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The DePuy Synthes Manager– EMSI will be responsible for leading a team of professionals who manage External Manufacturers of varying complexities who manufacture Orthopaedic (finished goods) products to ensure that products are available to meet customer needs. This includes Operations performance management, supplier reliability, supplier segmentation, quality metrics, product cost, process improvements at supplier site, NPI execution and best practices for the DePuy Synthes business. Organize, design and allocate specific responsibilities across the team to optimize effectiveness and ensure alignment to short and long term strategic objectives of the DePuy Synthes Supply Chain. This person must have demonstrated ability to think long-term and focus on the big picture.
The DePuy Synthes Manager – EMSI will be accountable for ensuring alignment between our Customer and DePuy Synthes business needs, the Medical Device strategy and the Supplier to deliver maximum value for the end-to-end organization. The role will enhance the long-term DePuy Synthes external manufacturing vision and strategy, including creating multi-year roadmap that address DePuy Synthes business needs.
Scope of responsibilities include:
- Manage a team of 4- 7 direct reports to ensure strong results through effective performance management, development planning and ongoing engagement. Develop and implement action plans to support J&J Talent strategies. Ensure business continuity through the effective management of critical pipeline positions.
- Influence and support Supply Chain strategy by providing leadership to the Network strategy and supplier optimization.
- Enhance and drive the External Manufacturing vision within the Instruments & Innovation Team for, with and through the DePuy Synthes stakeholder community.
- Lead overall supplier management activities to include:
- Operations performance management
- Supplier reliability
- Supplier segmentation
- Q&C metrics
- Product cost
- Production planning
- Capture Value through Innovation and Lean Thinking:
- Process improvements at supplier site
- Supplier integration into J&J processes
- CIP’s driven by process improvement, network optimization and SKU rationalization
- New Product Introduction execution
- Assess Supplier capacity and capabilities, in close partnership with the Plan organization, to support sourcing and ensure DePuy Synthes requirements can be met.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment. Own long-range capacity planning & scenario modeling in support of strategic objectives
- Provide oversight and support for the implementation of product launch plans, capacity expansion, technical transfers and key projects at Suppliers to ensure that product is available within predetermined timeframe and within budgets. Work with the New Products team to lead supplier assessments for new product implementation.
- Grow long-term mutually beneficial relationships with strategic suppliers to drive end to end value and bring innovation to the business. Visit supplier sites as required.
- Ensure supply agreements and/or contracts, holding all organizations accountable are established with measures to ensure compliance.
- Work with Category Management to ensure sourcing strategy for supplier sites are developed and implemented with process in place for ongoing assessment of supplier cost, quality, capacity, technical capabilities, best practices, safety and compliance to align with the Supply Chain.
- Interface directly with CEO’s and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of J&J’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments.
- Identify business demand requirements and partners with Category Leads to deliver annual and long-term value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Build and maintain relationships throughout J&J that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
- Participate in and lead business reviews, S&OP meetings and franchise meetings to focus on different levels of detail regarding scope, service delivery & operational issues. Own & deploy robust S&OP with critical suppliers.
- Escalate issues that may impact the DePuy Synthes business and collaborate to resolution.
- Orchestrate teams and projects focused on supplier development.
- Own risk management & execute vulnerability assessments and ensure mitigations are active and reviewed on a continual basis.
- Evolve SRM framework for critical suppliers based on benchmarking within and across industries.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Approximate Percentage of Time - Tasks/Duties/Responsibilities
- 40% - Supplier Management
- 25% - Team/Staff Development
- 15% - Coordinate with I&I Leads, Plan, Technical Operations, Quality and Category Leads to ensure strategies are aligned with compliance and business needs
- 10% - Responsible for the coordination of the strategic plan and business plan, monitoring execution and communicating results to senior leaders
- 10% - Ensures business activities align with organizational requirements for policies, procedures, compliance, quality and cost
- BS/BA in an applicable field of study required. An advanced degree is preferred, MBA is a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma certification (Green/Black Belt).
- A minimum of seven years of related work experience is required.
- Broad-based understanding of medical device operations and practices with Supplier Management as an area of focus.
- Build and maintain strong relationships within our local business and across enterprise J&J Management.
- Strong leadership, vision and strategy setting, communication, influencing, collaboration and talent development skills.
- Strong project and change management capabilities.
- Strong Business Acumen and Customer Orientation.
- Multi sector experience preferred with experience across varied sizes and businesses is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information.
- Ability to continuously improve the organization through Lean Initiatives.
- Manufacturing, Plan, Quality or Technical experience a plus.
- People management experience is a strongly preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge is highly preferred.
- Experienced leader possessing strong business acumen with business experience in multiple roles effecting change across a variety of functional specialties to include general management, R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain with at least 5+ years within a manufacturing environment.
- High level of proficiency with supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence.
- High level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community at an executive level.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain).
- Proven track record in attracting and developing talent and team dynamics.
- Proven track record in leading cross-functional teams and executing significant influencing roles.
- Significant business acumen and proven team building skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, North America-United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)