Johnson & Johnson Careers
Ocular Surface Account Executive – Northern New Jersey - TearScience, Inc.
New Jersey, United States
Requisition ID: 5193190123
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. At the start of 2017, J&J expanded into laser cataract surgery, intra-ocular lenses and laser refractive surgery, serving more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
At the end of 2017, J&J Vision acquired TearScience, aiming to positively impact the lives of patients around the world suffering from Dry Eye. This is a significant unmet health need globally, and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction is the cause for more than 60% of people living with this condition. Worldwide more than 340MM people suffer from this chronic condition. With the TearScience portfolio, we have a unique opportunity to serve these patients.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc is recruiting for an Ocular Surface Account Executive with a geography to support the entire northern half of NJ and a sliver of eastern the PA. The geography is about 60 miles north to south and 90 miles east to west in the New Jersey territory.
The Ocular Surface Account Executive represents the organization by interacting with established customers and developing new prospects to sell the organization's portfolio of Ocular Surface products including LipiFlow®, LipiView®, and LipiScan®. In addition, the Ocular Surface Account Executive performs on-site customer support that includes education and training for the portfolio of Ocular Surface products, maximizing patient treatment volume and Activator sales revenue. Applies a broad knowledge of the organization's products, services and marketing campaigns to close sales and maintain relations with specifically identified customers within assigned territory. They are required to uncover and understand customer’s strategic priorities, buying motives, end user needs, office processes, and business operations and deliver tailored training and messaging to gain an order or product commitment.
- Capability to conduct initial on-site training of physician(s), and staff members on all aspects of the implementation process of ocular surface products, and address operational issues such as: patient flow, internal logistics, staff aptitude, conversion to treatment ratio, patient follow-up, as well as set overall practice treatment objectives.
- Individual must possess strong clinical and disease state knowledge and be able to discuss the application of JJVS products as well as impacts on clinical outcomes related to overall ovular health.
- Must be able to confidently operate and trouble-shoot equipment.
- Willingness to consultatively engage practices regarding their intra-office business management metrics such as patient visits, scanning and treatment volume(s), procedural price positioning, appropriate office incentives, comparative practice profiles, patient conversion strategies, patient and reception area marketing materials as well as digital marketing assets, etc. all with the goal of increasing treatments and activator revenues and creating a practice success plan.
- Understands time management and account prioritization and knows when to “move on” and not continue to expend time/resources with recalcitrant practices, and conversely knows where to invest additional time in growth
- opportunity practices.
- Works cross functionally with all practice staff members as well as all JNJ counterparts to achieve practice objectives end to end.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (as determined by the company) is required.
- A minimum of 2 or more years of business-to-business and/or medical device sales OR, any equivalent combination of sales and/or industry experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved is required.
- Two or more years ophthalmic practice technician/patient premium services counselor is preferred
- Ability to travel a minimum of 75% is required (as needed) which may include weekly overnight and/or weekend travel is required
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey--