Johnson & Johnson Careers
Machine Operator - DePuy Synthes - Multiple Openings (1st, 2nd, 3rd Shifts)
Requisition ID: 5190180627
Johnson & Johnson is hiring full-time, permanent Manufacturing Machine Operators to support 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift operations in Monument, CO.
Looking for an opportunity that's more than just a job? Our facility operates Monday - Friday around the clock to produce medical nails and screws used in trauma surgeries around the world. Our products are used every day to help save lives and we want you to be a part of that!
The Machine Operator at Johnson & Johnson performs machine setups and operates manufacturing equipment including but not limited to cutting, drilling, milling, bending, deburring, chemical finishing, laser etching and assembly in an assigned work area. You'll support manufacturing operations in the areas of production, secondary operations, documentation, continuous improvement and other duties associated with the production of medical devices. All work is completed in accordance with all requirements for manufacturing medical devices per FDA regulations.
- Learn and retain process requirements and metrics in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and production goals as well as training requirements.
- Follow process sheets, in process quality checks, and perform first piece inspections.
- Learn and understand lean initiatives (e.g. 5S, Standard Work).
- Keep a 'Safety First' mindset - we follow all appropriate safety practices to prevent accidents to yourself and/or others
- Demonstrate consistency in results.
- Positive and constructive interactions that support team-building in a production environment - like collaborating with team members and support functions to resolve problems or identifying and offering ideas and solutions for improvements based on applied knowledge.
- Other related duties
Because we operate in a regulated environment, it is critical for team members to participate in and understand all compliance related activities related to the job function. With that, you'll follow all laws and policies related to your role and maintains the highest levels of integrity, ethics and compliance at all times.
Our production schedules require your dedication to consistently meet the attendance requirements for the role. This includes working overtime (more than 8 hours a day and/or 40 hours a week) to support business needs.
- You have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Previous industrial or manufacturing experience in regulated industry is a plus for this role
- Team-player mentality is key - you'll need to be able to work over-time as a Machine Operator (longer than 8 hours per day/40 hours per week)
- Your written and verbal communication skills are strong
- You have computer skills (Internet, Email, etc.) and can adapt to changing technologies
- Strong math skills (e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) will be used in this role
- Open to working in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals
- This position requires the ability to work on your feet up to 100% of the time
- You'll be lifting up to 25 pounds on a regular basis along with occasionally performing two-person lifts for objects greater than 25 pounds
- This position is based in Monument, Colorado.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)