Johnson & Johnson Careers
Payroll Processing Coordinator
Requisition ID: 5189190123
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Payroll Processing Coordinator within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization. The position will be based in Tampa, FL
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.” There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
The Coordinator position will perform data entry, uploads, and other transactional tasks related to payroll processing while maintaining the utmost confidentially in dealing with employee records and business information. May assist in specialized assignments and/or projects and ensure that deliverables meet or exceed individual objectives, adhere to payroll goals, and align with the Global Service Center Strategies. The ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment is required.
- The Coordinator will perform payroll transactions such as data entry, case gatekeeping, and quality control review of mater data updates, and audit reviews where needed.
- Collect, analyze, update and reconcile payroll and other payroll related data according to established guidelines, standards, and procedures.
- Ensure all company, federal, state, local, and other applicable compliance requirements are met. Ensure payroll is executed in accordance with SOX controls at all times.
- Examine and verify payroll related data for accuracy and consistency.
- Handle initial and/ or basic payroll related request and issues.
- Prepare and process manual off-cycle pay. Review, analyze and update salary and calculate retroactive salary data as required.
- Work with the supervisor/manager and Service Center Documentation team to contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of documentation (e.g., Standard Operating Procedures, Desk Top Procedures) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes. Partner with the supervisor/manager to assure version control, retention, and inventory of associated documentation.
- Assist in the development, reporting, and review of metrics to drive performance, identify trends, and develop/implement process improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate.
- Assist the supervisor/manager with capturing and responding to escalated issues, policies, and procedures from government agencies, payroll functions, and the operating companies.
- The Coordinator will participate in and support analysts and manager with departmental initiatives.
- Adhere to company, department, and team standards of professionalism and protocol.
- Ensure that behavior complies with the J&J Credo and supports a positive work environment.
- Assure understanding of garnishments and broader Payroll strategies.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 2 year previous experience in Payroll is required. Preferably for a large multi-state company as coordinator preferred.
- Experience with payroll systems is required and SAP Payroll, HR or OM modules is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Payroll processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance requirements are required.
- Exposure to Sarbanes Oxley or other local controls is required
- Experience with large multi-company (FEINs – legal entities), multi-jurisdiction payroll and tax is preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is preferred
- Experience with payroll applications and service providers desirable.
- Ability to influence others, identify problems, and recommend a course of action.
- Experience in a shared service center environment is preferred.
- A sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines are required.
- Experience working on payroll projects is preferred.
- Ability to process complex information and identify solutions that meet both internal and business partner requirements are required.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS excel is required (Pivot tables, V look ups, formulas).
- Proficiency in Microsoft tools and application is required.
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity to compliance-related matters required.
- This position may require up to 10% domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)