Johnson & Johnson Careers
PRIMARY DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER, SURGICAL ROBOTICS
Requisition ID: 5179190123
The Ethicon, is currently recruiting for a R&D Primary Product Plastics Development Engineer, Surgical Robotics, located in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market to support the J&J / Google robotics venture. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Our team of engineers, designers and technical experts are in the forefront of technology in the medical device industry.
- You will be making a vital contribution to the New Product Development (NPD) pipeline and transforming patient care through innovation.
- Our Development Engineering staff works with NPD teams and Suppliers to develop robust component designs and manufacturing processes that meet or exceed all product requirements at the lowest possible manufacturing cost.
- The Primary Engineer will operate in a matrix global organization and lead/support New Product Development (NPD) projects to plan, design, develop, qualify, validate and stabilize plastic component development and qualification process solutions.
- Responsibility will include process development, qualification, and control for component and assembly solutions.
- Provide input to NPD teams on Design for Manufacturing, Assembly & Cost and drive product development to enable robust product and process development that meets business commitments and stabilization metrics.
- Responsible for designing and developing robust equipment, tooling and manufacturing processes to meet product requirements in compliance to Quality, Lean, Safety and Ergo requirements.
- Incorporates risk mitigation methodology to drive process stability and capability.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years work related engineering experience? Required
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Highly Preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years manufacturing process development or operations experience is required.
- Prior experience in Plastic processing is required.
- Prior experience in New Product Development is preferred.
- Experience within a medical device production environment or other regulated environment preferred.
- Prior Project Management experience preferred.
- Previous experience in the areas of Design for Manufacturing or Assembly (DFM & A) is preferred.
- Process Excellence Six Sigma knowledge is preferred.
- Risk Management is preferred.
- Measurement Systems Analysis preferred (G&RR).
- Statistical Analysis knowledge is preferred, (i.e. Design of Experiments (DOE), Process Stability/Control/Capability.
- Knowledge of GD&T (ASME Y14.5) is preferred.
- Experience working closely with external suppliers is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- This position is located in Cincinnati, Ohio and may require up to 25% travel domestic and internationally (including Juarez, Mexico).
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)