Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager Manufacturing Engineering
Horseheads, New York
Requisition ID: 5173170702
DePuy Synthes is currently recruiting a Sr. Manufacturing Engineering Manager for their Elmira, New York facility.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The purpose of the role is to lead and manage the manufacturing, process and maintenance engineering functions in support of production. This will involve the development & delivery of technologies and solutions to support the quality, performance, and delivery of products and enhancement of value to our customers. The role with require the use of project management, lean manufacturing, six-sigma, manufacturing maintenance excellence and innovation management principles and tools within the site.
The position is a member of the site leadership and regional engineering management teams.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (TO PERFORM THE JOB TO ACCEPTABLE STANDARD)
Flexible work ethic
Strong influencing skills - Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
Problem solving skills – To assist in maintaining project progress and on design and process issues.
Decision Making – Required to make decisions on technical and management issues.
Degree of responsibility – Must be capable of managing and developing the team.
Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
Required Skills include
- Degree in Engineering, Science or a related Discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years overall industrial engineering experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing and leading engineers or other technical personnel.
- Experience in leading new product introductions
- Managing cross functional teams.
- Program and project management qualifications and expertise
- Strong track record in business case development in a technical environment and associated record of significant improvements in industry
- Held senior technical/management role in a regulated, high tech industry.
- The ability to develop individuals within an organization
- Experience in Developing and adhering to budget expectations.
- Ability to see the big picture and plan strategically to take the organization to the next level.
- This position could require up to 10% travel both domestic and international.
Preferred Skills include:
- An advanced degree such as MBA, MSc/Ph.D. in Science, Engineering or a related Discipline
- Experience with managing a Maintenance function in a regulated industry
- Automation experience for low to medium volume production
- Experience working in a CNC manufacturing environment
- Material Science or Metallurgy experience
- Proven Change Management Skills
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification and or Lean Manufacturing experience
United States-New York-Horseheads
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)