Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Sourcing Manager, Packaging North America
Requisition ID: 5172190123
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Sourcing Manager, Packaging North America located in Skillman, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Senior Sourcing Manager, Packaging North America is responsible for managing all aspects of the Strategic Sourcing relationship with all NA packaging suppliers in named commodities (high spend, high complexity, multi-category scope), including financial performance and budget compliance, sourcing strategy development and implementation, negotiation of Supply Agreements and other legal documents, support for innovation and capability building, leadership of market engagement events and collaboration across numerous internal functions to drive supplier strategy in alignment with overall organizational goals. The Senior Sourcing Manager, Packaging North America, will drive projects and business initiatives in support of both North America and Global Source OGSM / Supply Chain objectives. He/She will play a key leadership role in a global category strategy for Packaging and will drive strategic decision-making within the NA region as well. He/She will be responsible for people management and development of 6 direct reports (Manager or Lead level). He/She is responsible for major program management (i.e. Cost Improvement Programs) for Sourcing and has all commodities dedicated to the role as well as responsibilities for the commodities and projects of their team.
The role has a high impact for the J&J Consumer business in ensuring that our packaging suppliers produce products that are of consistent and high levels of quality, are delivered with acceptable service performance and are procured in a cost-effective way, to drive overall best value for the organization. The role also has a critical impact on the overall strategic direction for packaging both regionally and globally.
To be successful, the Senior Sourcing Manager, Packaging North America Sourcing must:
- Have great knowledge of the suppliers, markets and business context in their scope and in the scope of their direct reports
- Be an excellent collaborator within the Supply Chain organization (Direct Materials Procurement, Planning, Manufacturing and New Product Introduction), Marketing, Quality, Technical Services, Legal and ad hoc project teams
- Demonstrate inspired leadership with the ability to influence others to engage in projects and to drive business deliverables
- Demonstrate people leadership, coaching and development abilities
- Demonstrate program management capabilities
- Have strong financial skills relating to cost accounting
People and Organizational Leadership
- Manage 6 direct reports, supporting them via the 5 conversations and regular coaching / development
- Drive goals against business imperatives by leading and participating on cross-functional teams
- Be a leader and key influencer within the North America Consumer SC Procurement team
- Be a leader and key influencer within the Global Packaging Category
Sourcing Strategy Deployment
- Collaboratively design and implement regional and global sourcing strategies that deliver best Total Value for the J&J Consumer Group of Companies and J&J customers for assigned commodities/sourcing groups
Supplier Relationship Management
- Accountable for defining and ensuring competent management of suppliers within scope of control
- Accountable for crisis resolution through early escalation and deployment of internal resources
- Lead SRM activities for suppliers within scope of control
Access to Innovation/Sustainability
- Lead efforts to identify and implement product or technology innovation from Suppliers (via Supplied Enabled Innovation, Partner Enabled Development, or other means)
Cost and Complexity Reduction
- Analyze complex supplier proposals and use decision-making tools/models, including financial and non-financial criteria, to facilitate award recommendations.
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis and screening (strategic direction, financial due diligence, market position, power within industry, capabilities & capacity, risk assessment).
- Drive supplier diversity opportunities where applicable
- Identify cost improvement opportunities, drive through feasibility and resource alignment discussions and assure execution timelines and tracking of delivered savings
- Own and proactively manage overall financial performance in a number of key areas, including inflation, J&J driven cost, for all suppliers within scope of control; own P&L roll-up for full scope (to include suppliers managed by direct reports)
Compliance and Contract Management
- Support organization to negotiate appropriate supply terms and agreements for External Manufacturing that best meet the needs and risks posed to J&J.
- Ensure Supplier compliance towards all J&J requirements (Regulatory, Health & Safety, Environment, Sustainability, QA, Sarbanes-Oxley, contract compliance) with support of operational teams.
The Senior Sourcing Manager, Packaging North America will represent J&J extensively with external suppliers and must maintain strict discipline with regard to confidential/sensitive information and must maintain strongest code of ethics.
The Senior Sourcing Manager, Packaging North America will be interfacing and negotiating with levels of management and peers in other functional groups within J&J (cross-sector, cross-region, in company).
Senior Sourcing Manager, Packaging North America will be managing 6 direct reports and will be responsible for compliance to the annual performance management cycle (5 conversations).
- Must have a bachelor’s degree (Procurement, Supply Chain, Economics, Business, Science, Engineering or related fields preferred). An advanced degree is very desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- 5 years of procurement experience is preferred.
- Must have prior experience managing direct reports (including contractors).
- Must have demonstrated financial experience, project/cost accounting is very desirable.
- Must have experience working in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong working knowledge and proven results in Strategic Sourcing/Procurement is very desirable.
- Knowledge of packaging is very desirable.
- Experience with program management is very desirable.
- Experience working in the area of secondary packaging (Labels/Corrugate/Cartons) is very desirable.
- Experience working in the area of FMCG and/or OTC is very desirable.
- Experience working/leading on a global team is very desirable
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)