Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Antibody Engineering and Multi-specifics
Requisition ID: 5168180627
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In this laboratory, the Senior Scientist will join the team within the Antibody Engineering/Multi-specifics group to perform hands-on Antibody/Protein Engineering activities to support discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies, multi-specifics and CAR-Ts and drive from an idea to molecule on the path to antibody-based therapeutic.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery and molecular engineering of Biotherapeutics for unmet medical needs. You will be an integral member of the Antibody Engineering group and the Senior Scientist role would include:
- Molecular biology tasks such as in silico sequence fitness assets and improvements, PCR-based cloning, construct design, library and site-directed mutagenesis
- Designing and building expression vectors to support CAR-Ts
- Assays development (protein/protein and/or cell-based) for antibody sequence optimization, humanization to select leads with excellent biophysical and manufacturing properties with de-risked immunogenicity potential
- Selection, design and optimization of scFv/Fab from antibodies for multi-specific formatting and as modules for CAR-T
- Supervise and oversee research activities from bench scientist
- Independently presents/defends scientific findings in cross-functional project teams/initiatives, drafts protocols, SOPs and technical reports
- Lead independently a portfolio project from idea through IND application
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, immunology or a related discipline with a minimum of 3 years experience is required
- Experience in an industry setting is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current Molecular Biology techniques in the realm of Antibody/Protein Engineering, hands-on experience with high-throughput construct design, restriction-free and restriction-based cloning is required
- Clinical/Preclinical discovery of antibody based biotherapeutics in an industry or academic setting is required
- A minimum of two years of supervising individuals in a laboratory setting is preferred
- Project management for a specific therapeutic or championing a technology initiative is preferred
- Hands-on experience with multi-specific and/or CAR-T scaffold design, engineering and profiling is preferred
- Hands-on experience in HTP-based binding assays (such as ELISA, SPR, MSD) and/or cell-based (Intellicyt/iQue) for screening antibody variants is preferred
- Hands on experience in Molecular Display technology for discovery and/or optimization is preferred
- Significant record of peer-reviewed publications is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)