Johnson & Johnson Careers
PACKAGING ENGINEER COOP
Requisition ID: 5167181023
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
As a Co-op in Packaging Engineering, you will have opportunities to interact with DePuy Synthes Product Development, Regulatory, Sterility Assurance, Labeling Technology, Manufacturing and other J&J Operating Companies. This position requires a person who is enthusiastic, willing to learn, and tenacious, as well as professional and articulate. You will be assigned to specific projects under the supervision of a packaging engineer to perform a variety of duties including:
- Design and develop packaging for metallic, non-metallic, and biologic products.
- Build working relationships with Product Directors, PD Engineers, Manufacturing, Regulatory Affairs, Sterility Assurance and others to develop product packaging requirements and concepts.
- Responsible for technical aspects of packaging from product concept through market introduction.
- Interact with outside suppliers for packaging design development, evaluation, and testing.
- Support Manufacturing Operations with the implementation of packaging.
- Document all packaging and labeling design, development, and testing to comply with FDA design control regulations.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidate must be enrolled (not necessarily taking classes) in an accredited college/university.
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Packaging Engineering.
- Candidate must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the Co-op session.
- Only students that have completed their freshman year or above will be considered.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities are desired.
- Fluency in English is required, good knowledge of German would be a strong asset
- Team Player with an creative attitude
- Problem solving Skills and ability to work independently is required
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)