Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Senior Scientist, located in Spring House, PA OR Boston, MA.
We are seeking a Sr. Scientist within our CVM Discovery group located in Boston, MA/Spring House, PA to support drug discovery of novel therapeutics for acute kidney injury (AKI) and/or chronic kidney diseases (CKD). The position is lab-based and the successful candidate will have a background in one or more of these disease areas, an understanding of disease pathophysiology and the ability to manage their work independently. The primary responsibility of the Sr. Scientist is to provide scientific and technical support for conducting research involving in vitro preclinical studies. The qualified scientist needs to independently plan and execute in vitro and ex vivo experiments, to follow protocols, to document data, to troubleshoot problems, and to interpret data and communicate results. The candidate will work in a collaborative environment where ideas can be respectfully challenged to drive excellence and innovation. Scientific accomplishments will be presented internally and externally to the scientific community and discussed with key opinion leaders. Previous experience in project leadership of pre-clinical programs is desirable.
- Ph.D. with Post-Doctoral/Post-Graduate experience and at least 2 years industry experience in kidney biology in a pharmaceutical or academic environment, with a proven record of scientific publications is required
- Experience with cell culture, assay development, immunoassays including Western blotting, ELISA, and/or MSD is required
- Demonstrated skills in performing pharmacological and mechanistic studies in models of AKI and/or CKD is required
- Understanding of the overall process of drug discovery and development is required
- Project leadership of preclinical programs is preferred
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills are required
- Experience in industry, with small molecule and/or biologics drug discovery, is required
- The ability to pro-actively investigate, improve, change or adapt existing methods and techniques is required
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively work in a matrix environment, present ideas, both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues and senior leadership is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)