Assistant Brand Manager Summer Internship – Johnson & Johnson Inc. – Markham, ON
Johnson & Johnson Inc. is one of the most trusted brands in the world and the undisputed leader in the healthcare industry. With operations in over 60 countries and a breadth of products spanning across Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Consumer Health Products. Johnson & Johnson Inc. is the company best positioned to bring holistic healthcare solutions to patients and healthcare professionals alike.
At Johnson & Johnson’s Consumer Health Division, our purpose is to "Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living" by improving the lives of Canadians through the world's most widely used and trusted brands, which include: Johnson's® Baby, Neutrogena®, Aveeno®, Listerine®, Band-Aid®, Tylenol®, Reactine® and Nicorette®.
Our Consumer Health Marketing team is filled with high-energy, forward-thinking leaders that get excited by the challenges of leading a business. The marketing culture is collaborative, high-performing, and ethics-based; the Johnson & Johnson Inc. Credo acts as our compass for decision-making.
What Does the Role Entail?
We are looking for bright & hardworking MBA and Masters students to join the Consumer Marketing team in the summer as an Assistant Brand Manager Intern in Markham, Ontario.
As an Assistant Brand Manager Intern, you will act as a business leader to drive growth on your brand through strategies & executions that have national impact. Just like any entrepreneur or general manager, you will be responsible for the key drivers of business performance, including:
- Development and execution of a strategic business plan for your brand, garnering consensus through senior management
- Uncovering analytical insights about the category, competitor & retail customers that drive business recommendations
- Leading your brand’s P&L & making investment recommendations to drive profitable growth
- Partnering with internal partners, including sales, regulatory, finance, supply, demand planning & global marketing teams to effectively execute against local business plans
- Successfully setting & ensuring delivery of monthly and annual shipment and consumption analysis
- Launching new product innovation, and recommending pricing & merchandising strategies
- Conducting consumer research to uncover insights that shape in-market activations
- Crafting marketing communications (eg. TV, digital, print, sampling, professional, etc.) & claims with external agency partners
- Partnering with your peer marketers to craft & influence enterprise-level thinking
Within the role, you will be provided the opportunity for strong learning & development and the chance to grow your skills through formal and on-the-job training. Upon completion of the internship, top performing candidates may be considered for full-time roles.
- Candidates should be in their final year of a University MBA or Master's program
- We are looking for individuals who are excited to tackle a challenge, seek ways to improve and learn, and who solve problems creatively
- The role is dynamic and fast paced, so time management, prioritization, and thriving through ambiguity are key abilities you possess
- Strategy and data are at the core of everything we do, so strong critical thinking and analytical skills are required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to bring out the best in others
- Through the compass of our Credo, you will demonstrate an ethics-based approach to decision-making and take active ownership of understanding the consumer to uncover growth opportunities
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)