Johnson & Johnson Careers
Electro-Mechanical Technician 1
Requisition ID: 5113181022
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Group, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Technician I (3rd shift) in Los Angeles, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Group develops and markets consumer healthcare, baby care, and beauty/skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brand JOHNSON’S® Baby and leading skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO®, and CLEAN & CLEAR®. Products are classified as OTC drugs and cosmetics.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Electro-Mechanical Technician is responsible for the installation, repair and maintenance of Production electro-mechanical equipment (Hardware and Software) in the Compounding, Fill & Pack and Pre-Weigh manufacturing areas. The Electro-Mechanical Technician works on electrical and mechanical assignments that may be complex in nature where guided judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Other responsibilities are:
- Combine fundamental principles of electrical/electronic engineering technology with knowledge of mechanical engineering technology to support, maintain, test, troubleshoot and improve mechanical, electrical and computer-controlled manufacturing equipment.
- Perform diversified electrical and electronic instrumentation duties.
- Electrical duties would include preventive maintenance of motors and other electrical apparatus, switchgear, MCCs, Variable Frequency Motor drives, electrical distribution and power panels in voltages ranging from 120V AC to 480 Volts 3 phase.
- Install and troubleshoot instrumentation systems related to electrical, instrumentation control, hydraulics, pneumatics and a variety of other systems; inspect installed systems to assure proper operation. Maintain configuration control, preventive maintenance, and system integrity records required by internal and external directives.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical/mechanical systems, equipment and components, both in the field and in the shop.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, update and repair malfunctioning systems and equipment. Install, repair and maintain electrical motors circuits ranging up to 480 Vac.
- Examine various electrical/mechanical systems and make recommendations for new equipment, repairs and modifications.
- Responsible for working with equipment operators in monitoring all safety items on the machines and keeping them in optimal operating condition.
- Responsible for communicating with production personnel regarding status of the production lines. Practice company safety, quality policies and procedures, actively requires conformance.
- Complete all documentation correctly and provide necessary information with clear, concise, specific and thorough descriptions of any work completed following good Manufacturing Practices.
- Responsible for providing work that adheres to all current SOPs and the Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Must be able to support Maintenance activities during holidays, weekends, off shift and shutdowns.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and off hours.
- Perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during planned outages.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance, and service.
- Read and interpret One-line drawings, electrical/electronic schematics and related drawings/diagrams.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with Quality and EHHS procedures and regulations.
- Maintain 5-S, clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform other duties and functions as required by the needs of the Department and Plant.
- Additional duties include communicate and work with Engineers in the development of new processes or equipment. Prepare and maintain electrical schematics and procedures.
- Provides training and technical guidance for maintenance personnel.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Personally, and with others, search for ideas to improve efficiencies, quality, safety and the work environment
- Investigate and implement, after discussion with department management, ways to improve yourself, your role and function, the department and the organization. Installation and testing of new and existing products involving PLC software, HMI development, servo-motion control, and robotics on multiple control platforms.
- Implement electrical controls design by providing installation, start-up, technical support, and troubleshooting production problems related to electrical control designs.
- Prepare system specifications, electrical designs and component selection to optimize new and existing product performance and quality, while improving cost and manufacturability.
- Provide technical assistance to other departments and customers.
- Must be able to communicate with outside vendors or contractors to perform small capital project work
- Responsible for identifying and ordering parts or spares with appropriate follow up as needed. Install and align motors, gearboxes, drive belts and bullies. (Able to use aligning devices) Replacing pumps mechanical seals.
- Replacing bearings. Replace different valve types and Electrical/Air controlled actuators.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma is required.
- An Associate Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or equivalent education is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology is highly preferred.
- A minimum 3 years of experience in a relative technical field is required.
- Experience working in GMP Facility is highly preferred.
- Understanding of other aspects of machinery and automation, including safety standards, mechanical systems, hydraulics and pneumatics is required.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley and or Siemens PLCs is preferred.
- Experience reading/interpreting PI&D (Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams) is preferred.
- A working knowledge of one or more industrial networking systems (e.g. Ethernet/IP, Profibus, and Device Net) including configuration is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively while managing multiple tasks is required.
- Machining experience is highly preferred.
- NFPA 70 and NFPA 70E knowledge is highly preferred.
- Effective technical writing skills are preferred.
- Experience with digital and analog computer machine interfacing is preferred
- This position will require paid overtime work in accordance with the needs of the business (up to 20%)
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
- Must be able to work from ladders, scaffolding or powered lifts when required.
- This position is a 3rd shift (9:00pm-6:00am) with flexible shifts for days of the week
United States-California-Los Angeles-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)