Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Strategic Customer and Access Insights
Requisition ID: 5106190123
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is recruiting for a Director, Strategic Customer and Access Insights based in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Director, Strategic Customer and Access Insights identifies deep customer and healthcare market insights and translates them into effective growth strategies for Janssen’s Business Units. This role will be a key partner to the Strategic Customer Group (SCG) and our Business Units, informing and shaping critical payer and access related business decisions through transformative insights, analysis and guidance. In close partnership with other functions within Commercial Excellence (CE), this position plays a leading role in prioritizing, allocating and managing resources to successfully execute high impact strategies to enhance market access, patient services, pricing, contracting, and product distribution. This role also gathers and interprets market intelligence related to major US healthcare system and policy events.
- Integrates customer and market insights for SCG, and translates them into significant business impact through effective organizational and growth strategies:
- Gathers and analyses strategic customer and market access intelligence, interpreting key market events and defining the implications for Janssen as we seek to optimize our $15B+ Gross To Net investment.
- Collaborates with SCG to inform and shape effective access strategies through deep stakeholder insights, competitive landscape and environmental analysis, and patient journey analytics. This role will shape the creation of CE inputs for the MARR (Market Access Excellence) reviews.
- Leads and coordinates payer and healthcare systems-related customer insights and market intelligence across Commercial Excellence in support of SCG and the Business Units
- Identifies and aligns Business Unit and CE payer and healthcare systems-related customer and market insights priorities with SCG on an ongoing basis.
- In partnership with other CE teams, deploys resources against critical priorities and business needs, including payer and healthcare systems market research, competitive intelligence, healthcare quality related insights and scenario planning.
- Defines and manages the budget for SCG-related payer and healthcare systems customer, market insights and competitive intelligence initiatives.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to SCG, Business Unit and CE Leadership Team members:
- Applies problem solving and communication skills to drive significant organizational impact and accelerate profitable growth.
- Provides strategic customer insights, market intelligence and future-oriented scenario planning and competitive simulations to inform market access plans, pricing and contracting decisions, pull-through opportunities, and formulary access forecasting and monitoring.
- Attracts and develops best-in-class talent, and inspires team to achieve substantial business impact:
- Defines and builds the Strategic Customer and Access Insights team, processes and systems required to ensure industry-leading CE support for the SCG organization.
- Nurtures a proactive, strategic, collaborative and insight-driven culture.
- Develops a talent pipeline, develops and engages the team to continuously upgrade the organization.
- In partnership with CE Learning and Development and SCG, this role provides training to the CE organization to elevate overall CE competency in payer, healthcare systems, new/emerging market access models, pricing, quality metrics, and policy.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required; Advanced Degree (MS/PhD/MBA) preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of related business experience is required
- Consulting and/or internal client management experience is required
- Pharmaceutical access and reimbursement experience required
- 5 years’ experience in business analytics/market research/insight development is required
- 5 years managerial / supervisory experience required
- Analytics/insight experience combined with marketing/strategic marketing a plus
- Ability to be innovative, proactive, work within a team environment, and lead a cross-functional team is required
- Excellent written & oral communication skills and experience presenting to senior management is required
This position is based in Titusville, NJ and will require up to 15% domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)