Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist II in Discovery immunology, located in La Jolla, CA.
At Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Associate Scientist II will be a member of the Immunology Discovery group/Innate Immunity and function in a fast paced, highly matrixed and interactive environment. This group is focused on discovering novel therapeutics to treat various diseases including inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. This person should have knowledge in immunology and hands-on experience in animal handling to support in vivo models in addition to some experience in in vitro assays. Other responsibilities include but not limited to: independent design and execution of experiments, analysis and accurate recording of data in compliance with data integrity requirements presenting findings to peer scientists and drafting technical sections of regulatory documents.
- BS degree or MS degree in Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology, Immune-oncology or related discipline is required.
- BS/BA with 3 or more years of experiences or MS with 1 or more years of Pharmacology, Immune-oncology industry experience required.
- Background in immunology or immuno-oncology and hands-on experience in in vivo models is required.
- Technical proficiency with multi-parameter Flow cytometry analysis, primary cell isolation, ELISA, multiplex assays (Luminex or MSD), Western blot and qPCR/RT-PCR is required.
- Experience in development in vitro assay development and optimization is desirable.
- Excellent social skills and strong written and oral communication skills to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues is required.
- Position may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)