Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Data Architect
Requisition ID: 5095190123
The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Staff Data Architect aligned to ASP, located in Irvine, CA.
Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) have a devastating personal and economic impact, claiming the lives of 99,000 people in the U.S. each year at a cost of up to $45 billion. Ensuring that all surgical devices are properly sterilized is one way healthcare workers can help reduce the incidences of HAIs, and ASP has been partnering with hospitals for decades to safeguard patient health and safety.
ASP has a consistent track record of designing and delivering innovative infection-prevention solutions, from low-temperature steam sterilization to high-level disinfection, and is a global market leader setting the standard in sterilization.
Johnson & Johnson announced that it has received a binding offer from Fortive Corporation to acquire Advanced Sterilization Products(ASP). If the offer is accepted, the proposed transaction would be expected to close no later than early 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. Should you receive and accept an offer for this position, upon completion of the transaction, your employment with ASP will transfer to Fortive according to local law and will be governed by Fortive’s employment processes, programs, policies and benefits plans.
The Staff Data Architect position will support the design, development and maintenance of software for a global healthcare company helping prevent hospital acquired infections. This role will be in the R&D department of a growing team of developers and engineers aligned to the Manager of Connected Products responsible for Data Analytics. This person will help prototype and develop predictive analytics and help with evolving our machine learning platform.
- Build the design, development and implementation of new applications.
- Analyze, architect, develop, validate and support integrating data and large datasets into the AWS platform from external data source; Files (XML, CSV, XLS, etc.), APIs (REST, SOAP), RDBMS.
- Articulate analytics propositions and collaborate to identify use case opportunities.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other AWS technologies
- Support analytics design decisions by taking relevant inputs from business team and defining clear requirements.
- Identify and prioritize problems.
- Share insights and observations throughout the process.
- Set up appropriate tools to measure and capture business value of results.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, with a preferred field in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security, Mathematics, Analytical modeling or closely related discipline. A Master's degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience is required.
- Experience with data modelling, design patterns, building highly scalable, cloud and secured analytical solutions is required.
- Strong demonstrated understanding of machine learning methods and statistical packages as applied to data analysis with scripting languages (e.g. R, Python) is required.
- Experience in applying real-time advanced machine learning analytics, artificial intelligence, and/or natural language processing-based methods throughout operational workflows is required.
- Strong experience with one or more ETL (extract, transform, load) tools is preferred.
- Big Data platform design (i.e. tool selection, data integration, and data preparation for predictive modeling) experience is required.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of predicative analytics concepts and experienced in writing complex queries and data integration processes in AWS is required.
- Shown thought leadership on challenging problems with examples of implementing innovative analytic solutions and driving outstanding results is required.
- Demonstrated experience in business applications of distributed computing (e.g. Cloudera and HADOOP) is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms on platforms like AWS preferred.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (i.e. R, Python, HTML5, etc.), and background in programming in C, C++, Java is preferred.
- Experience with Agile methods for software development is preferred.
- This position is located in Irvine, CA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)