CSATS is recruiting for a Medical Researcher Project Manager located in Seattle, WA
Johnson and Johnson Medical Device Companies.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
CSATS is hiring Medical Researcher Senior Analyst to work on organizing and managing multiple complex research projects across various data sources and research questions. The responsibilities of this role are include providing state of the art literature reviews to develop medical and clinical insights to support CSATS computer vision initiatives, support of real-world data research projects, and the development of surgical education/improvement offerings. The CSATS computer vision medical/clinical support will include characterizing and structuring reproducible methods for identifying anatomic, procedural, and device details to support scalable annotation efforts. The role will also support complex real-world data all aspects of these analyses, including contracting, IRB submission, and protocol development and collaboration with statisticians in development of analysis plans, interpretation of results and medical writing for publication.
Complex data sets include surgeon performance metrics extracted from operative video (e.g. operative time, task completion time, general performance metrics) along with hospital Electronic Health Records and big data Real-World Data (such as Medicare, private insurance claims, aggregate hospital billing data, and registry data) and ergonomic and clinical studies. Projects will include measuring the impact of surgeon improvement and quality improvement solutions. In addition, he/she will with studies evaluating the impact of the introduction of new technology such as decision support, medical devices, and new surgical approaches.
The candidate will also function as the Research and Development project manager and coordinate, track, and ensure that projects are on schedule. Responsibilities include:
- Perform literature reviews and assess the current ‘state of the art’ in terms of the published literature.
- Work with the CSATS Data Science and annotator team to develop structured and scalable identification of anatomic, procedural, and device details.
- You will lead and contribute to the design of observational database analysis, including authoring protocol and analysis plan.
- Work with statisticians and data scientists to interpret analysis results and write final reports and manuscripts.
- Project management duties include: organizing, tracking, and coordinating project tasks.
- Medical Degree with a background in medical technology or a Master’s degree in health services research, medical degree, epidemiology, or related field.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience performing literature reviews using Pubmed
- Experience in medical writing and copy review
- Experience with studying surgery and invasive procedures
- If a non-MD, experience in statistical programming (R, STATA, Python, or SQL, etc..)
- Relevant industry experience in healthcare research; medical device experience a plus.
- Experience with healthcare coding ontologies (CPT, ICD-10, etc..)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability