Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Category Lead – Global Software
Requisition ID: 5069180626
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Manager, Category Lead – Global Software. This position will primarily be located in Raritan, NJ, with flexibility to work from other locations in NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
With $77 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
The Manager, Category Lead – Global Software will support approximately $200 million or less in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies, specifically aligned to the Corporate, Consumer, and Consumer Medical Device IT groups. This spend is medium to high complex in nature and requires a collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. Plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
It will provide Global and Regional Leadership for developing end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
Scope and responsibilities
• Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
• Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or categories of spend that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J
• Interface directly with CEO’s and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
• Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
• Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
• Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
• Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
• Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
• Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
• Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
• Develop and execute Procurement strategies that are aligned with the business/sector needs
• Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier contract negotiations
• Ensure execution of category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established targets
• Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
• Conduct performance reviews/serve as People Manager for Subordinate Leads
• Lead team meetings and provide updates to Global Procurement Leadership
• Manage & prioritize portfolio of Procurement segment (Pharma, MD&D and/or Consumer) specific initiatives
- A broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management, Sourcing, and Supplier Management) is required.
- Leadership, communication, influencing, and collaboration skills are required
- The ability to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost or customer service alternatives when necessary is required.
- Ability to influence and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain) is preferred
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues is required
- Customer orientation and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with Management is required.
- Project management skills are required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and good Business Acumen skill are required
- The ability to analyze data and metrics within various focus areas to ensure progression and effectiveness is being achieved within the organization is required.
- Prior people management or talent development experience is preferred.
- This position will require up to 20% travel
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)