Johnson & Johnson Careers
LEAD TEST ENGINEER EQUIPMENT SOFTWARE, SURGICAL ROBOTICS
Requisition ID: 5068190220
Ethicon is recruiting for a(n) Lead Test Engineer – Equipment & Software, located in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market to support the J&J / Google robotics venture. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Our R&D team of engineers, designers and technical experts are in the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. You will be making a vital contribution to the New Product Development pipeline and transforming patient care through innovation. Our Design Engineer executes specific & general assignments/projects that provide innovative, functional, cost effective & validated product designs in a team based environment. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market to support the J&J / Google robotics venture. Ground-floor position to help grow and build a new J&J business unit, enabling significant professional growth.
The Lead Test Engineer – Equipment & Software will work with internal and external teams to architect, develop, and implement test equipment and test software used to develop robotic surgical devices. The Lead Test Engineer will also support the creation and execution of equipment qualification and software validation strategies to enable Design Verification testing in cooperation with a team & team leader.
- Support five sub-teams— Test Equipment, Test Software, IT Infrastructure, Maintenance, and Design Verification Test Strategy— within the Digital Surgery Franchise at Ethicon.
- Provide technical mentorship and leadership to test equipment engineers, software engineers, software quality engineers, information technology partners, and technicians.
- Execute the following phases of equipment development – equipment requirements, design reviews, supplier management throughout fabrication / assembly / wiring, factory acceptance, safety reviews, troubleshooting, calibrations, qualifications, and documentation
- Execute the following phases of software development – software architecture, software requirements, software development, software validation, and documentation.
- Identify, deploy and validate technologies, supporting processes, and resources to enable an efficient and compliant lifecycle of our test software and test data (capture, transfer, process, store).
- Contribute to a dynamic, fast-paced team and lead projects to support the overall testing strategy as an individual
- Assist in developing & monitoring project plans, budget, contingency plans & work estimation
- Learn medical terminology, procedures & instrumentation
- Provide peer feedback & mentor junior associates
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required.
- An advanced technical degree is preferred
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 7 years of related work experience, is required.
- Experience in medical device industry, regulated industry is preferred.
- Experience with equipment development, including electromechanical and software experience is required.
- Experience with a variety of programming languages and applications (e.g. Python, C++ and QT) and knowledge of common software engineering paradigms (generic programming and object-oriented programming) is required
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma and Process Six Sigma and a Green/Black Belt Certification is preferred.
- Able to understand engineering design issues in order to conceptualize and develop test equipment and interpret the data produced is required.
- Technical writing experience with protocols, testing results, procedures, & reports is required.
- Experience with direct or indirect leadership of technical personnel is preferred
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills required.
- Capable of effectively managing multiple parallel projects in a diverse team environment is required.
- This position is based in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 20% travel domestically and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)