Johnson & Johnson Careers
Performance Excellence Manager (Training & Development), Contract Opportunity
Requisition ID: 5068180626
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
The Performance Excellence Manager’s primary accountability is to design and facilitate learning programs to increase the capabilities of the assigned field force including both sales representatives and Medical Affairs individuals. The Performance Excellence Manager applies best-in-class learning design techniques to develop content and improve programs. Additionally, the incumbent evaluates programs and conducts needs analysis to identify and address learning and/or developmental gaps throughout the field. The Performance Excellence Manager builds relationships and collaborates with cross-functional partners within Sales Leadership, Marketing, Medical Affairs, and other areas to deploy targeted programs that enhance knowledge, skill, and mindset.
Content Development and Delivery:
• Identifies, communicates, and gains support for opportunities to initiate learning & development efforts that meet customer needs.
• Applies innovative approaches to design, update, and improve training content to enhance learning, knowledge transfer, and field application.
• Applies impactful platform skills to facilitate meetings and/or deliver training while ensuring clear, understandable, and constructive communication.
• Develops program content to support strategic initiatives. Coordinates and facilitates sections of National, Regional, and District meetings while maximizing engagement and ensuring transfer of knowledge into real-world application.
• Designs and facilitates new hire training programs that leverage interactive activities to enhance individuals’ knowledge and performance. Provides coaching and follow-up to build sustainable take-aways and enhanced learning.
• Leverages emerging technology to increase delivery effectiveness and to maximize resources.
• Provides actionable feedback during and after training sessions to improve individuals’ proficiency levels.
• Identifies and secures resources to address field needs through existing and/or newly developed content.
• Leverages relationships with internal partners to access information and resources to enhance the development, delivery, and effectiveness of programs.
• Builds relationships throughout multiple stakeholder channels to gain support and commitment for approaches and strategies.
• Maintains open dialogue with stakeholders, such as leadership and sales teams, to ensure alignment of goals, project progression, and timely delivery.
• Partners with vendors to manage the development and implementation of new learning content.
• Ensures program content and materials fully comply with Healthcare Compliance and company guidelines and are approved through appropriate channels.
• Teams with peers to ensure consistency, leverage resources, and share best practices.
Adult Learning Principles and Technical Skills:
• Remains current on various topics to understand needs, design training, and engage stakeholders: Topics include but are not limited to, product knowledge, marketplace knowledge, customer insights, or other assigned topics.
• Leverages the adult learning principles that lead to the optimal uptake of information for the target audience.
• Maintains knowledge of emerging trends in needs analysis, training design, innovative facilitation techniques, and evaluation processes.
• Leverages the adult learning principles and content development expertise to reinforce expert status.
• Bachelor's degree in Science or Business, or equivalent
• 3 – 5 years customer-facing experience preferred
• Proven planning and project management skills
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Well-developed communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
• Strong collaboration skills
• Evidence of strong critical thinking and strategic planning
• Demonstrated ability to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment
• Bilingual in English/French – written & oral is preferred
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Inc. (7710)