Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Vogue Material Supply
Clearwater, Florida; Clearwater, Florida
Requisition ID: 5053190123
Vogue International is currently recruiting for a Manager, Vogue Material Supply to be located in Clearwater, FL.
Vogue International, a Johnson & Johnson Company, is an innovative consumer products business that distributes cutting-edge hair care products to large retail chains around the world. These brands represent an innovative hair care business which is new to our Consumer Family of Companies and focused on the marketing, development and distribution of salon-influenced and nature-inspired hair care and other personal care products. With several strong brands among its portfolio, including OGX® and MAUI MOISTURE®, the Vogue business is the cornerstone of Johnson & Johnson Consumer’s hair care operations. Vogue International products are sold in the U.S. and in 38 countries.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Vogue MSM Manager has full ownership for the reliable and agile supply of assigned incoming raw materials and/or packaging components within a specific commodity family or other grouping for Vogue products. The Material Supply Manager maintains a strong relationship with regional and/or global Sourcing partners to ensure coordination and alignment of global Sourcing efforts with business partner needs, local business strategies, market dynamics, cost structures, and supplier capabilities. The incumbent collaborates with Source, Planning, Quality, and other cross-functional partners to drive Supply Chain accountability at a team and individual level, abiding by the spirit of the Johnson & Johnson Credo. The MSM Manager ensures alignment and integration of projects and interdependent activities, with the objective of meeting all project and business commitments. In addition, the MSM Manager will manage the data inputs from Plan and suppliers as well as the data analytics to develop an aggregated component/raw material demand forecast that can be used for capacity planning and cost negotiations with the suppliers.
The Material Supply Manager supports regional Vogue manufacturing across both internal sites and directed-spend external supply points. This individual is responsible for improving customer fulfillment, supplier delivery performance and responsiveness, product quality and compliance, and end-to-end leadtimes. The MSM Manager implements processes, systems, and reporting capabilities that improve the efficiency of material supply services, and is accountable for implementing best practices, appropriate competitive benchmarks, and approved process changes, for leveraging technology, and for monitoring metrics necessary to achieve targeted performance goals. The MSM Manager develops and improves the data analytics process to ensure accurate forecasts are available for internal use as well as for Vogue directed buy suppliers. This is an entrepreneurial role, with a mix of strategic and tactical elements in a regional or international environment, serving as a leader within the supply chain to optimize performance.
• Leads resolution of raw material/component supply chain risks & issues working directly with suppliers, ensuring teams reach decisions or escalate as required for both existing production and NPD items during development/launch.
• Consolidates, prioritizes, escalates, coordinates and monitors all raw material/component supply related issues, projects and initiatives for assigned commodities, including “hypercare” activities.
• Leads the activities associated with developing accurate component level forecasts to be used for capacity planning (led by the MSM) and cost negotiations (led by Source) with directed buy suppliers.
• Communicates effectively across disciplines and levels to keep key stakeholders informed of project status, issues, conflicts, and mitigating actions, as necessary.
• Responsible for raw material/component Supplier Performance Management. Creates and maintains supplier reliability metrics, leads raw material/component Supplier S&OP, and drives supply-related continuous improvement activities.
• Develops processes for proactive issue avoidance through risk detection or mitigation of risks escalated by other functions. Anticipates potential risks and develops corresponding contingency plans.
• Supports Source to ensure Supply Chain requirements of raw material/component suppliers are balanced from a cost and service perspective and included in supplier engagements.
• Leads E2E materials management and the process to determine raw material/component MOQs and lead times based on an optimization model.
• Supports partner functions with key supplier-related initiatives (e.g., Zero Defects, SQE2, Supplier Days) and serves as the J&J “Supply Reliability” face to both the supply base and internal J&J customers and stakeholders.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required. An MBA is preferred.
• A Business, Engineering, Science, Technical, or related degree is preferred.
• Other related professional certifications (e.g., APICS, ISM, Process Excellence/Six Sigma) are desirable.
• The Material Supply Manager must possess a minimum of eight years of experience in a combination of Strategic Sourcing/Procurement, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Planning or similar Operations roles.
• Must demonstrate the ability to lead cross-functional teams and influence without authority.
• The MSM Manager must possess experience in executive stakeholder presentations/management and demonstrate strength in analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• One year or more of people management experience, including management of remote teams, is preferred.
• Demonstrated negotiating and pre-negotiation planning experience is preferred.
• An understanding of manufacturing operations and plants is preferred.
• Experience with MRP systems, such as SAP, is highly desired.
• Strong project management skills are a plus.
• Insight into End-to-End supply chain characteristics and understanding of financial processes such as business case development, P&L calculation, and COGS is preferred.
• The preferred location for this position is the Vogue site in Clearwater, FL and may require travel up to 10% of the time.
Vogue International LLC (6232)