The Project Management Office (PMO) sits within the Global Development Organization of Janssen Research & Development (R&D), part of Johnson & Johnson’s Pharmaceutical Sector.
The SparkWorks Team is a results-oriented team whose mission is to accelerate strategy execution by reinventing the way people and teams think and work together to achieve exceptional results. We do this by increasing the effectiveness of leaders and teams across the organization by using a combination of design principles and human-centric approaches that foster action by experimenting quickly and iterating using accelerated learning cycles.
This position will:
- Find opportunities to unlock new ways to creatively and innovatively solve business problems that impact strategy execution, capabilities, processes and culture.
- Design and lead interactive workshops to address business critical questions that draw upon the diverse knowledge and expertise of participants and deliver concrete outcomes that can be tested and iterated.
- Lead business innovation and culture change/movement projects, using human-centric approaches, by building relationships with measurable value to the organization.
- Facilitate strategy development with various leaders throughout the organization using a consultative and design approach, collaboration and critical thinking.
- Create engaging communication tools to articulate organizational priorities and messages by storytelling visually.
- Creatively brainstorm solutions by using internal and external concepts and ideas that can be applied to internal business opportunities.
- Develop frameworks, tools and tactical plans to test and evaluate ideas and solutions within an integrated, global team environment.
- Prototype solutions that address unmet organizational needs while engaging customers and business partners to co-create and identify signals of progress.
- Develop metrics to measure organizational value against the defined project outcomes.
To thrive on our team, it is important to:
- Have strong leadership skills including strategic thinking, business consultant, service and enterprise mindset, big picture problem solving with attention to detail, and the ability to translate complex business issues into simple solutions.
- Demonstrate and apply strategic and human-centric frameworks and methods relevant to the business questions being addressed.
- Naturally push boundaries and act as a change agent collaborating with and inspiring others. Consistent track record of working successfully across functional boundaries while creating new and lasting connections.
- Demonstrate the ability to gain empathy for customers by obtaining a deep knowledge of customer’s organization, business and needs. As a result of trust gained, have the ability to influence the customer’s direction and decisions based on earned respect, experience and knowledge.
- Have excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbally and visually, using storytelling techniques to share new ideas, strategic objectives and outcomes with impact.
- Effectively identify and answer critical business questions based on strategic objectives or customer needs using analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Have strong organizational curiosity to challenge the status quo with willingness to try new, unproven ideas.
- Work independently, assume responsibility for job development and training, research and identify creative ways to address challenges. Be an avid, continuous learner with passion to gain new skills.
- Be comfortable working in a fast paced, highly ambiguous environment and within a team that grows with open and direct communication and on giving and receiving honest feedback.
- Embody the SparkWorks team core values of curiosity, optimism, rigor, trust, openness, co-ownership and fun.
- Be proficient in using Microsoft Office suite; have working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and/or other design software.
- A Bachelors’ degree is required. Advanced degree in business, human sciences or life sciences are preferred.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in strategy development, business innovation, organizational design and improvement required.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Experience leading global projects that increase business value by improving the way individuals and teams work and collaborate and/or changing the way the business is organized is required.
- This role is located in Raritan, NJ, Titusville, NJ, Spring House, PA and may require up to 20% international and domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)