Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Business Analyst, Global Pricing Analytics
Requisition ID: 5048190123
Johnson & Johnson Hospital Medical Device Global Pricing Strategy is recruiting for a Senior Business Analyst, Global Pricing Analytics to be located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Global Pricing Strategy (GPS) is a newly established team responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of global pricing strategy, policies and long-term capabilities across the J&J Hospital Medical Device (JJHMD) portfolio of products with gross global sales of $21B. The group drives alignment across franchises, platforms, and regions through central-lead, cross-functional collaboration and solid foundation in research and data analytics. The members of the global team work closely with the Customer, Market, and Portfolio leads to build value-based business cases and drive a portfolio of strategic initiatives focused on near and long-term revenue growth opportunities. The group owns global targets and critical metrics fully aligned with the financial and strategic priorities of business. As the health care market continues to evolve there is an increased focus on reducing costs, improving outcomes, and increasing patient satisfaction. JJHMD is experiencing a dramatic shift in how the prices of our products are viewed in the market place, with significant downward pressure, price visibility, benchmarking and competition. JJHMD is committed to driving sustainable profitable growth through differentiated pricing capabilities, simplification of our pricing policies and processes and agility in addressing near-term opportunities
You have an integral role responsible for price governance, operations, and advanced analytics. As a Global Pricing team member, you will support our key objectives of driving effective and efficient business decision-making, maximizing our financial results while improving pricing strategies.
You will consult with Pricing stakeholders and business cross functional leadership to develop hypotheses and strategic business questions – then use a hypothesis driven approach to identify actionable insights. You will conduct issue analysis and execute qualitative and/or quantitative analysis to test the hypothesis, synthesize the findings, communicate actionable insights and recommendations for value realization. You will use problem-solving combined with strong analytics and interpersonal skills and inform franchise, region, and product strategic direction.
- Lead discussions to consult with business leaders to generate insights on customer price sensitivities, market intelligence, and profitability impacts, with the objective of Profit optimization.
- Perform advanced statistical analysis to evaluate critical areas for improvement, including price setting, revenue optimization, and strategic alignment with channels, and customer segment. This may include correlation analysis, regression analysis, and/or development of predictive models
- Analyze existing price strategies and improve pricing models of potential changes to quantify sales and profitability impact to customer segments, brands and markets
- Perform data mining, cleansing, and manipulation; identify necessary data elements and their sources, leverage appropriate tools to acquire and consolidate large volumes of data from different sources, and identify and resolve any irrelevant, corrupt, missing, or incongruent data
- Visualize insights, turn these insights into stories, and stories into actionable recommendations.
- Work cross-functionally with the Pricing Team, Finance, Marketing to define, deploy and direct robust and effective price analytics, delivery and execution capabilities.
- Assist with the development, creation and monitoring of business forecasts and price experiments (Price testing) for value creation and partner with stakeholders to develop the right questions driving better outcomes.
- Responsible for report development such as quarterly performance of key critical metrics, profit optimization, and ad-hoc analyses while also supporting risk assessment and recommendations.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree/MBA is required. Background in computer science, math, marketing, or other quantitative discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience in problem solving using quantitative research, analysis, and data. Two-three years of relevant business analytics experience preferred with prior consulting experience a plus.
- Prior experience working in Pricing or Marketing Analytics preferred.
- Proficiency in excel, Business Intelligence tool Tableau, and Power Point
- Desire to work in a fast paced, growing, deadline driven, startup-up environment. Ability to inform rapid, but fact-based decision-making with imperfect data. Self-motivated, driven to achieve committed milestones.
- Experience with diverse types of advanced analytics, or has had exposure to various statistical techniques, such as Regression, Clustering/segmentation and Classification techniques and has had experience presenting analytics to diverse set of stakeholders.
- Ability to draw conclusions from complex situations, then recommend and execute a course of action in both a timely and decisive manner.
- Understanding of how to analyze, assess, and provide creative solutions to broad, complex business issues. Confirmed ability to translate large amounts of data into definitive strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with internal and external partners.
- Ability to find out-of-the-box/non-traditional ways of problem solving and apply creative thinking when approaching and defining solutions.
- Problem Solving: Methodically breaks down a problem so that the solving process can take place. Remains unfazed by unusual or exceptionally abstract problems. Enjoys the challenge posed by ‘problems’ and enjoys solving them.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity/insufficiency: Accepts change and inspires others throughout this process. At ease building contingency plans and rallies others to do likewise.
- Curious/Inquisitive: Investigates the current situation, asks the relevant questions needed to get the whole picture then provides specific actionable recommendations
- Supports teamwork, works well with peers across multiple functionalities within the company, promotes enthusiasm, and when necessary and motivates relationship building.
- Gets it done – Believes that actions speak louder than words, thrives on achievement.
- Utmost attention to detail and commitment to quality.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)