Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
SUMMER INTERN - OLIGO BIOLOGY
Requisition ID: 5046180305
Alios Biopharma, part of Janssen (a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies) is recruiting an Oligonucleotide Biology Intern. Janssen is the name given to Johnson & Johnson’s global group of pharmaceutical companies. These companies market both conventional and biotech products in a broad range of therapeutic areas.
The internship is offered by the Biology group within the Oligonucleotide Center of Excellence at Alios Biopharma in South San Francisco, CA. The Oligonucleotide Biology group supports ongoing efforts of the Center of Excellence in creating novel and effective treatments for infectious diseases, and this internship is focused on the biology of chronic hepatitis B virus. The Internship Program is focused on providing college students with practical industrial scientific and research experience.
The Oligonucleotide Biology Intern will:
- work collaboratively with Biology team members on current projects
- learn and execute appropriate cell biology, molecular biology and biochemical experimental techniques to answer relevant biological questions
- participate in ongoing project team meetings including slide preparation for study updates
- be exposed to various other functions within the Oligonucleotide group
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a Bachelor degree in the life sciences (i.e. Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, etc.).
- Candidates must be available to work full-time during the summer (8-12 weeks).
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases is desirable.
- Candidates with academic and/or industrial lab research experience are strongly preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is required.
- Local candidates are preferred, as housing is not provided.
United States-California-South San Francisco
Alios BioPharma, Inc. (6224)