Johnson & Johnson Careers
Clinical Research Manager
Requisition ID: 5040181019
The NeuWave platform in The Ethicon Franchise, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Clinical Research Manager located in Somerville, NJ and may require up to 25% of domestic and international travel.
From creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures, Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues, and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon’s surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treating serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Operating on behalf of the NeuWave Preclinical, Clinical and Medical Affairs (PCM), Group, this individual will have strong scientific expertise to provide insights and strategic direction to develop innovative evidence generation and dissemination strategies (EGS / EDS) for New Product Development and Life-Cycle Management (NPD and LCM) projects.
- Reports to the Integrated Leader (VP) Preclinical, Clinical & Medical (PCM) for NeuWave
- Responsible for Clinical R&D activities for assigned projects, including:
- Develop and deliver appropriate Global EGS / EDS to support NPD and LCM within the assigned platforms, with collaborative relationships with all relevant CR&D partners and cross-functional partners (e.g. Global Strategic Marketing, Medical Affairs, Preclinical, Regulatory Affairs, Health Economics and Market Access (HEMA), R&D, etc), ensuring cross- functional alignment;
- Responsible for delivery of assigned clinical projects, through effective partnership with the Clinical Operations and BSDM teams, to enable optimized engagement leading to delivery of clinical project commitments (delivery on time, within budget and in compliance with regulations and SOP);
- Ensure input and strong alignment from key regional Medical Device Clinical R&D leads and other strategically important countries/regions in the development of the EGS / EDS;
- Lead in study design to develop appropriate clinical trials to meet the NPD / LCM needs;
- Lead in appropriate interpretation and dissemination of all evidence generated, based on EDS, including Clinical Study Reports, abstracts, manuscripts, CERs etc
- Contribute in clinical scientific discussions with regulatory agencies / notified bodies to drive support of the clinical and regulatory strategy, including proposed clinical investigations; review process of clinical evidence generated for marketing authorization, line extensions, etc, including during sponsor regulatory inspections;
- Responsible for team’s interface and collaboration with key opinion leaders, investigators, IRB’s/EC’s, Regulatory Agencies, societies, associations, etc;
- Foster strong relationships with external stakeholders to shape and influence relevant policies, etc
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate dissemination of clinical data/evidence in value briefs and technical summaries for market access and reimbursement
- Be a subject matter expert in the development of clinical evidence in the cancer / interventional oncology therapeutic areas of interest
- Thorough understanding of clinical research science and processes along with a broad and extensive understanding of product development processes, team dynamics, related healthcare market environment, clinical trends, and global clinical trial regulations;
- Ability to provide strategic and scientific clinical research input across NPD and LCM projects, including complex and / or transformational projects;
- Proven track record in delivering clinical programs within clinical / surgical research setting, on time, within budget and in compliance to SOPs and regulations;
- Comprehensive understanding of clinical trial regulations across multiple regions;
- Ability to lead teams to deliver critical milestones, including complex projects;
- Ability to collaborate across different functional areas within CR&D to ensure alignment with governance processes (assigning roles and responsibilities, setting priorities, managing deliverables, etc). and to meet business objectives;
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships with key internal and external partners and stakeholders;
- Leadership requirement – ability to influence, shape and lead without direct reporting authority;
- Change agent in team development and progression;
- Experience in effective management of project budget processes
- Ability to stay current with evolving innovative minimally-invasive interventional oncology device-based therapies, including disruptive technology and associated clinical data
- Ability to apply understanding to help define and shape clinical evidence strategies in the interventional oncology space
Strong leadership required in alignment with J&J Leadership Imperatives: Connect, Shape, Lead, Deliver as noted below.
- Connect - foster strategic partnerships with key internal & external stakeholders to ensure development and timely delivery of innovative EGS / EDS
- Shape – build strong relationships with external stakeholders to shape and influence relevant policies
- Lead – continually develop expertise to provide strategic and scientific clinical research capability
- Deliver – ensure clinical programs are delivered on time, within budget and in compliance to regulations and SOPs
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science or related discipline
- A minimum of 8 years experience with BS, 3-6 years with MS or 3 years with Ph.D with related scientific / technical experience, including leadership / management role within Clinical Research.
- A demonstrated knowledge of minimally invasive cancer therapies, cancer pathophysiology, and interventional oncology for treatment of various solid tumors is perferred.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Clinical Research non-MD