Johnson & Johnson Careers
REAL WORLD ANALYTICS SUMMER INTERN
Requisition ID: 5037190123
Janssen Scientific Affairs (JSA), a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a summer intern to work in the Real-World Analytics and Alliances (RWAA) organization’s Market Access Analytics team at the Titusville, NJ location.
At Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is committed to transforming patient and population health through scientific evidence. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The RWAA organization is focused on meeting the needs of our value-driven healthcare system by using high-quality research activities to assess the value of Janssen’s products and services through real world evidence generation, advanced analytics, and external partnering. This team of tenured researchers is responsible for building industry-leading capabilities across pharmaceutical scientific and commercial functions and external thought leaders. Using real-world data from health claims, electronic health records and other sources, the team develops innovative advanced analytics to better understand the effectiveness of pharmaceutical interventions and market access. The RWAA summer intern will work with the market access analytics team and focus on advanced analytics, machine learning, predictive modeling and dashboard building. In addition, the intern will have the following opportunities:
- Understand the value and role of real world data analytics and evidence generation within the landscape of our current healthcare system and in insurance/payer negotiations
- Collaborate with data scientists to gain familiarity with statistics, epidemiology and advanced analytical tools by utilizing large, secondary databases.
- Gain familiarity with Janssen therapeutic areas, such as cardiovascular disease, oncology, neuroscience, metabolic health, immunology and infectious disease.
- Gain familiarity with the pharmaceutical industry
Expected hours: Position involves approximately 8 hours of work per day, Monday through Friday (a 40-hour workweek) in Titusville, NJ.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/institution pursuing a graduate degree in the fields of data sciences, advanced analytics related fields, computer science, public health, population health, health economics, health policy, health services research; or pursuing a medical or pharmacy degree with an interest in data sciences and advanced analytics.
- Strong interest in both applied and quantitative research is required.
- Available for at least 10 weeks over the 2019 summer.
- Skilled in any of the following SAS, R, Python, Tableau or other similar programming language or tool expertise.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without limitations and require no sponsorship for visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- Position will be based in Titusville, NJ and involves approximately 8 hours of work per day, Monday through Friday (a 40-hour work week).
- Candidates must be able to provide their own transportation to the work location.
- Housing is not provided; there is no reimbursement for interview-related expenses.
- Majors Targeted: Graduate students in the fields of data sciences, computer sciences, public health, population health, health economics, health policy, or health services research; and medical or pharmacy students
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)