Johnson & Johnson Careers
2019 Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain Co-Op Texas
Requisition ID: 5018180625
The J&J Supply Chain is an integrated, global supply chain that serves the needs of the 1 billion people who use J&J products each and every day around the world. We manufacture more than 26 billion product units per year, from raw component sourcing to end product distribution as efficiently and effectively as possible with high quality, compliance and service performance. Our supply chain organization makes up 45% of all J&J employees, and includes 125 internal manufacturing plants, manages 581 external manufacturers, utilizes 459 distribution centers, partners with over 3700 direct suppliers, produces over 300,000 sku’s.
The Co-op employee in our Supply Chain at Johnson & Johnson could work in a variety of functional areas and roles across the supply chain organization including but not limited to the following:
- Planning Analysts
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Regulatory Compliance/Quality Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Front-End Engineers
- Project Engineers
- Operations Associates
- Supply Chain Associates
Use mathematical skills and engineering/materials knowledge to solve problems and propose solutions
Analyze large amounts of test data using statistical and mathematical methods to understand manufacturing issues
Investigate nonconforming issues and processes in order to document and solve problems
Apply all skills learned to understand the entire stage of a product from design to assembly and stabilization after product launch
Work with cross-functional teams utilizing quality engineering tools to analyze and solve problems
Assist Quality Engineers in day-to-day responsibilities and reports.
These Co-op roles are filled based on individual company and business needs in all 3 of our sectors, and at the corporate / enterprise level at locations across the country including:
- Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company
- Advanced Sterilization Products
- J&J Customer Logistics Services
- Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems
- Johnson & Johnson Sales and Logistics Company
Based on location of assignment, Johnson & Johnson offers housing assistance to Co-op’s who live more than 50 miles from their work-site location. This housing assistance includes options for subsidized rent in a fully-furnished apartment close to the work-site location, or a stipend payment for candidates to use at their discretion. Daily transportation to and from the work-site location is the student’s responsibility, as most locations are not accessible via public transportation and company transportation is not provided.
A qualified candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 Cumulative is strongly preferred
- Candidate must be actively enrolled pursuing a Bachelors or degree ( but not necessarily taking classes)
- Basic proficiency with the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication and presentation skills and leadership qualities are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently within a matrix environment where tight timelines exist
- Candidate must have reliable transportation to and from work on a daily basis for the duration of the co-op.
- Candidate must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
Our preferred majors are, but are not limited to:
- Supply Chain Management
- Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Process/Project & Electronic)
- Management Information Systems
- Engineering Technology
- Science (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- TX (San Angelo, Irving)
United States-Texas-San Angelo-
Ethicon Inc. (6045)