Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 5016181019
The Engineering Manager will:
- Lead and/or participate in Operations centric projects and activity with emphasis on providing an uninterrupted flow of components for assembly operations to meet quality, cost, compliance, performance, and delivery requirements.
- Support to new product development teams responsible for, but not limited to, supplier selection, capability/capacity assessment, manufacturability, maintainability, and cost reduction. Apply broad scientific and engineering knowledge to the development of new products/processes and improvement of existing products/processes.
- Support for complex technical issues where expertise resides in the franchise, including but not limited to NCR’s, audits, and CAPA’s
- Provide technical support for the approval/validation of changes in supplier processes compliant with applicable standards
- Works independently (or in teams) to resolve root cause, develop mitigation and corrective actions for processes and manufacturing related issues. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Overall support to the Business Unit Leadership Teams (BULT’s) in driving multi-generational improvement plans to the product portfolio
- Ownership of additional projects or activities to support the goals and objectives of the organization
- To provide functional management and technical leadership for an Operations Engineering group
- Supervisor for the group and will oversee the application of scientific techniques and Process Excellence (six sigma) to design and develop safe, effective and efficient processes and products in support of the company’s strategic plan
- Contribute to the career development of the people under his/her supervision while leading complex projects requiring multi-functional support and participation with emphasis in molded plastic, precision machining, and/or electro-mechanical process/products
- Will provide direct supervision to other Operations engineers in pursuit of departmental goals and objectives
- Requires BS in engineering or scientific discipline required; an MS/Ph.D preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of product development/manufacturing experience in the medical device industry preferred
- A minimum of 2 years prior supervisory experience required
- Experience with equipment validation preferred
- Experience with automated man
- ufacturing practices preferred
- Experience working in a GMP environment preferred
- Experience leading a high performing team preferred
- Experience presenting to senior leadership project strategies capital investment, budget planning and cost savings preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Irvine-33 Technology Drive
ASP Services, Inc. (6000)