Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist-Oncology Translational Research
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 5015181104
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Principal Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Principal Scientist will function as part of the Oncology Translational Research group within the Hematology Disease Area Stronghold (Heme DAS). The main function for this position is to drive translational research projects and collaborations across the hematology, both for compound specific programs and for broader hematology specific projects. You will work independently and in conjunction with the Heme DAS Translational Research leader to guide translational teams and projects within specific drug programs and across the DAS. Your additional responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement, and deliver on translational collaborations and projects, including initial proposal development, planning timelines and resources, monitoring achievements and final deliverables
- Work closely with biomarker leads of clinical programs to implement experiments and collaborations to explore novel indications and new drug combinations for compounds in clinical development
- Act as the biomarker lead/translational research scientist for specific compounds and clinical programs with a focus on cellular therapies
- Develop and implement the translational strategy for the compound, participate in the compound development team and important working groups, and present strategies to key senior governance meetings
- Guide working groups to implement translational strategy and lead ongoing programs and projects
- Communicate project deliverables to the leaders of our disease teams, Oncology therapeutic area leaders, and other senior governance groups when necessary
- Interact and liaison with internal guides, external authorities, academic groups, and CROs to establish partnerships and projects
- Fulfill regulatory responsibilities including preparing, updating, and finalizing preclinical sections for regulatory documents that contain data from preclinical projects and partnerships
- For consideration, you will have a Ph.D. in pharmacology, immunology, cancer biology, molecular biology or related discipline with at least five years of applicable translational, biomarker, program management, clinical trial and/or research experience.
- You should have post-doctoral experience.
- Your strong publication record will demonstrate relevant experience in clinical trials, early drug development, drug discovery or biomarkers
- Your experience in leading multi-faceted projects and programs is necessary
- Your hematology experience is preferred
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)