Johnson & Johnson Careers
PRIMARY DESIGN ENGINEER, CLEANING & STERILIZATION, SURGICAL ROBOTICS
Requisition ID: 5012190315
Ethicon Endo- Surgery, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a R&D Primary Design Engineer, Cleaning & Sterilization, Surgical Robotics, located in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market to support the J&J / Google robotics venture. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Our R&D team of engineers, designers and technical experts are in the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. You will be making a vital contribution to the New Product Development pipeline and transforming patient care through innovation. Our Design Engineer executes specific & general assignments/projects that provide innovative, functional, cost effective & validated product designs in a team-based environment.
The Primary Design Engineer – Cleaning &Sterilization is responsible for acting as a team member to design, test and document new robotic surgical instruments and their reprocessing requirements that enable the future of minimally invasive surgery.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conceptualize and create unique tests to verify design requirements in a regulated environment
• Create robust documentation of a medical device design
• Contribute to a dynamic, fast-paced team and lead projects to support the overall testing strategy as an individual.
• Integrate mechanical, electrical and software systems for new products and test methods
• Provide innovative product, system, component and equipment design solutions.
• Assist in developing & monitoring project plans, budget, contingency plans & work estimation.
• Learn medical terminology, procedures & instrumentation.
• Learn the needs of surgical customers
• Provide peer feedback & may mentor junior associates as required.
• Requirements rationale development
• Test design, validation and execution
• Prototype design and construction
• Technical documentation
• Automated data processing
• Statistical techniques
• Risk Analysis
• BS or MS engineering degree (preferably Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering Disciplines), minimum of 4 years of design-related experience, including co-op or college internships, required,
• Experience in medical device or regulated industry working in a team base environment, required.
• Demonstrated technical leadership capabilities with experience working in a cross-functional team environment is preferred.
• Basic knowledge & understanding of medical regulatory requirements is preferred
• Technical writing experience with protocols, testing results, procedures, status & special reports is required
• Project management skills are preferred
• Experience applying statistical techniques to analyze data is preferred
• Effective team interpersonal skills are required
• Conflict analysis & resolution are preferred
Specific Experience preferred:
• Develop, communicate, and cascade cleaning and sterilization requirements to all reusable tool teams (internal systems engineering focus).
• Run engineering studies / feasibility studies on the tools to establish feasibility of alternate methods of cleaning.
• Collaborate with the design teams to optimize device design for cleaning and sterilization processes.
• Design and develop test methods to assess functionality of device designs.
• Quickly iterate on device design concepts and effectively communicate results back to various stakeholders.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)