Johnson & Johnson Careers
Business Unit Leader
Requisition ID: 5012180625
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Incorporated, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Business Unit Leader located in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Business Unit Leader owns and drives business unit-level processes that include Project Management, Cost Reduction, Quality and Compliance, Efficiency Improvement, and Cost Governance and Management. This role leads, coaches and mentors the Business Unit Process Engineering Team and executes Business Unit policies/guidelines. This role also functions as the Business Unit Manager in their absence. Develops short and long-range plans and strategies to deliver improvements against Safety, Quality, Service, Reliability, and Cost KPIs. Establishes department level project and program management organization (PMO), managing project governance, resource management, and capability development of department teams consisting of both staff and wage employees. Owns the department’s Performance Management governance process at the daily, weekly, and monthly tiers. Collaborates across internal functional support teams with specific focus in the maintenance and equipment reliability areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead Operations War Room including Metric definition, risk identification, and remediation. This will include managing Key areas of the Budget including waste/MUV, spend, and labor.
• Champion the business unit CIP program. Develop workshops to identify opportunities and develop project plans to implement.
• Act as a liaison with Engineering and the Business Unit on manufacturing capabilities of new projects and/or new processes. This will involve designing and administering projects in accordance with the capital review process.
• Will provide technical leadership, training, and mentorship for area Process Engineers.
• Tracks trends, develops and implements equipment and/or process enhancements that will improve efficiency, product yield, and equipment reliability.
• Leads in troubleshooting and resolving equipment, systems, and process problems to prevent the occurrence of product and process nonconformities.
• Provides technical leadership of cross functional teams on many different process improvements.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; with a focused degree in engineering, scientific, or related discipline preferred.
• A minimum of 6 years related experience in operations, manufacturing, distribution, or supply chain is required.
• Six Sigma and/or Lean certifications (black or green belt) is preferred.
• Strong statistical and analytical skills are required.
• Excellent technical writing skills are required.
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication, listening, negotiating, problem-solving and decision-making skills are required.
• Working knowledge of project management tools is required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
• A thorough understanding of line design flow principles and practices, lean manufacturing and the ability to troubleshoot processes and equipment is highly preferred.
• Experience using Excel as an analytical tool and/or experience utilizing Minitab is preferred.
• Strong knowledge and skills in the use of process development tools is preferred (ie. DOE, CTQ flow down, C/E Matrix, pFMEA, fish bone diagrams, etc).
• Experience with cost/benefit analysis is preferred.
• This position will be based in Lititz, PA and may require up to 10% travel both domestically and internationally.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)