Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 4996190522
C-SATS, now a part of the Johnson & Johnson Institute, is a first of its kind online performance improvement system for surgeons. Started by a team of doctors, engineers, and biostatisticians as a research project at the University of Washington, C-SATS provides objective, quantitative feedback on surgeons' intra-operative skill. Once our hardware captures surgical video from operating rooms around the country, our software platform provides detailed performance evaluation using expert reviewers, non-technical crowds, and Artificial Intelligence.
As a part of the Johnson & Johnson Institute, C-SATS can now harness the reach, collective resources, and passion of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies to support the professional growth of those who care for others.
C-SATS is the first AI platform for surgery. Our systems and processes are on the verge of massive scale. We need a self-motivated, high-performance Software Engineer to help us realize our vision. You will tackle meaningful and challenging problems every day. You'll write reliable and elegant services to keep doctors zealous about our company and our products. By joining C-SATS, you will become part of a tight-knit, startup-minded team committed improving medical outcomes through the constant effort of driving innovation in healthcare.
Why This Matters
This is the best opportunity for a full-stack open source Software Engineer to positively impact the trajectory of human health.
You will be responsible for a critical part of C-SATS, and your work will have a direct impact on patient outcomes. C-SATS measures technical skills in healthcare practitioners, skills that directly impact clinical outcomes; poor performers generate 3x more complications and 5x more deaths than top performers. Our system generates 10 times the amount of information about an individuals' skills in 1/10th the time of traditional peer review. Major medical centers have completed 1.5 million assessments with C-SATS, and they depend on our system to ensure the quality of their practitioners and the safety of their patients.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years professional software engineering experience
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong sense of responsibility for the happiness of customers and coworkers
- Work full-time with the C-SATS software engineering team headquartered in Seattle, WA
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years experience with web applications, writing and consuming APIs
- Well-rounded experience with many programming languages, platforms, protocols/RFCs
- Experience with many data storage systems such as relational/SQL, NoSQL, columnar store, graph databases
- Experience with cloud computing, especially Amazon Web Services
- Experience with distributed/cluster computing
- 3+ years experience with the command line and Free/Libre/Open Source Software
- 3+ years experience with Linux-based operating systems, especially Ubuntu GNU/Linux and Android
- Real passion for learning and mastering new technologies quickly, especially the technologies we use
- Ideally full-time on-site at Seattle HQ, optionally up to 80% remote
- If remote, ideally west coast with very high throughput, very low latency Internet connection
North America-United States-California-San Francisco, North America-United States-Oregon-Portland
R&D Engineering (R&D)