Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist II, Immunology
Requisition ID: 4995190926
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is hiring an Associate Scientist II, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The successful candidate will be a member of a highly matrixed research organization focused on discovering and developing new therapies for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. As an Associate Scientist II you will:
- Primary technical responsibilities include performing primary and cell line-based assays for the evaluation of candidate compounds and mechanistic immune signaling studies
- The candidate should be comfortable working independently as well as part of a highly matrixed team and should possess excellent communication skills
- A successful candidate will be expected to work with minimal supervision to design and perform experiments, document results, and present data internally and externally
- A Bachelor’s degree in biology or related degree with at least 5 years of relevant industry or academic experience in a research lab or a Master’s degree in biology or related degree with at least 1 year of relevant industry or academic experience in a research lab is required
- Protein assay and molecular biology background is required
- Ability to isolate and culture of primary immune cells from human blood and or tissues is required
- Knowledge and experience in nucleic acid isolation and related techniques such as real-time RT-PCR is required
- Technical expertise in developing, performing and trouble-shooting cell-based assays for compound screening and/or mechanistic signaling studies is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in protein assays such as ELISA, Luminex, MSD or Western blot is preferred
- Experience with immune phenotyping using multi-color flow cytometry is preferred
- A working immunology background is preferred
- Experience in operating multi-color cell sorter and FACS data analyses is preferred
- Experience with data analyses software or familiarity with R is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)