Johnson & Johnson Consumer Incorporated, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Business Unit Manager located in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Business Unit Manager is responsible for managing production personnel to maximize quality and output in a manufacturing operation. Accountable for achieving production targets while maintaining cost controls. At this level, the position has a greater degree of impact on the business results and typically, responsibility for managing a group of professionals.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
• Manages production operation and work to meet production goals which includes: effectively team with operations, functional and management personnel to develop and implement methods and processes that optimize the flow and use of material, machine and human resources.
• Assures all operations within Business Unit are conducted in a safe manner and in full compliance with all safety and environmental regulations to achieve the best EHS performance in the industry.
• Leads Business Unit Safety team to investigate issues, execute projects and improve upon current processes. Establishes department policy and operations guidelines.
• Plans production flow, troubleshoots manufacturing issues, and monitors production orders and schedules. Direct and remove obstacles that create delays in production.
• Plan production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products while establishing direction and strategies for product flow throughout the production area.
• Analyzes production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and to prevent operational delays.
• Works closely with plant personnel in the areas of safety and quality and serve as unit leader to drive improvements through colleague involvement.
• Develops programs within these areas, ensures the plant is in compliance with the standards and establishes training requirements for all employees.
• Creates and revises standard operational and working practices and observes employees to ensure compliance.
• Establishes and monitors plant's operational budget.
• Participate and compile statistics in the preparation and control of department operating budgets.
• Plan for capital and operating funds necessary to support current and future business needs.
• Monitors equipment maintenance and repair reports.
• Collaborates with maintenance department to evaluate reoccurring issues that may require equipment replacement. Communicate and drive organizational objectives. Establish and direct the achievement of financial, customer service, and compliance (Safety, Quality, Environmental) performance goals.
Ensure quality and compliance in all actions by:
All employees: Attend GMP training on the schedule designated for my role and as appropriate for my role. Adhere to strict compliance with procedures applicable to my role. Exercise the highest level of integrity in the tasks that I perform. In a timely and prompt manner, identify, report and seek correction for deviations noted in my workplace. Embrace a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time.
People Managers: Ensure employees under your scope of responsibility are trained in required procedures for the execution of their role and maintain current with training requirements during the year. Promote an environment of employee involvement in the workplace. Seek prompt identification, reporting and correction of deviations in the workplace as noted by employees. Manage Team Leaders who supervise employees in production. Manage Process Engineers who are responsible for process improvement initiatives within the production areas. Coach, mentor, and develop all direct reports. Encourage a cultural philosophy of carrying out individual responsibility within a teamwork environment.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
• An MS, MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 6 years’ experience in Operations, Manufacturing, Distribution, or Supply Chain is required. Experience working in a FDA regulated manufacturing environment is preferred.
• People Leadership experience in a Manufacturing or Supply Chain environment is required.
• Change Management experience is preferred.
• Experience working in high volume Distribution Center is preferred.
• Experience working on customer facing initiatives is preferred.
• Knowledge of cGMPs and demonstrated leadership behaviors are preferred.
• Prior experience with high-speed automation assembly equipment is preferred.
• Prior experience with PLCs, Warehouse Management Systems, CIM, robotics and automation is a plus.
• Prior experience with the implementation of SAP modules is a plus.
• Six Sigma and/or Lean Certificates (Black Belt or Green Belt) is preferred.
• Prior experience working in a unionized environment is a plus.
• Experience identifying and implementing safety initiatives is highly preferred.
• Must demonstrate a mastery of the analytical skills and professional judgment required to resolve major technical issues.
• Must be capable of making effective executive management level presentations, writing formal reports dealing with both technical and business implications and preparing project plans while identifying and understanding the inter-relationships of related disciplines and key activities.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills required.
• This position will be based in Lititz, PA and may require up to 10% travel both domestically and internationally.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function