Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Product Management Engineer
Requisition ID: 4983180304
The Ethicon business a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Product Management Engineer located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Product Management Engineer is Responsible for:
Functioning as an integral member of a development team developing, crafting, validating, trouble-shooting & starting up world-class manufacturing & assembly operations that insure product quality, cost & performance objectives are met while concurrently providing design, quality, marketing & financial input
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in all team activities chipping in where required to other functional areas within team
- Assignments will typically be of low to moderate size & complexity, or responsibility for part of a more complex project
- Conduct process FMEA sessions during Design, Pilot or manufacturing phases
- Develop or conduct qualification
- Design, specify, procure & install assembly equipment, jigs, fixtures & gages, specify acceptance criteria, spare parts & calibration
- Develop or improve assembly process applying appropriate "world class" manufacturing concepts
- Develop, design, validate, trouble-shoot & start up manufacturing & assembly operations that meet team objectives for product quality, cost & performance
- Provide all documentation & specifications for process & equipment including drawings, process specifications, PS & OM sheets, routers, IPQA specifications & troubleshooting guide
- Use appropriate statistical techniques, develop validation protocols, qualify first articles, complete process capability studies & process validation on both internal & supplier processes
- Collaborate with and within multi-functional teams
Key Skills/ Knowledge Requirements:
- Analytic problem solving
- Applied statistics
- Multi-functional integration
- Engineering drawing interpretation, i.e., GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing)
- Financial analysis
- Social / communication skills
Working knowledge of & apply / use with guidance:
- Organizational / planning skills
- Plastic & metallic materials & processing
- Process development & design
- Develop Design and/or Process Failure & Effects Analysis (DFMEA/PFMEA)
- Process validation
- Statistical process control
- Product design & DFMA (Design for Manufacturing & Assembly)
- Project management
- Quality Function Deployment
- Gage equipment
- Fixture equipment
- Global Surgery documentation system
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) & ISO (International Organization for Standardization) 9000
- Regulatory affairs
- Windows: word processing, project planning, presentation, e-mail, web browsers & spreadsheet software
- Packaging documentation using CADD (Computer-Aided Drafting & Design) software
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience
- Knowledge of Process Six Sigma is preferred
This position is located in Cincinnati and may require 20% international and domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)