Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist Preclinical Operations
Requisition ID: 4980190121
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Principal Scientist in Preclinical Operations, located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.depuysynthes.com/.
The Principal Scientist in Preclinical Operations will provide preclinical scientific and surgical expertise to project leaders across MD to develop, execute, analyze and report on in vivo, tissue and cadaver studies. This critical role is an essential resource for study directors/coordinators and franchise preclinical staff providing surgical and scientific input to protocols, reports and model development. Additional responsibilities include:
- You will provide surgical and scientific expertise in the development and execution of preclinical studies across multiple therapeutic areas such as gastrointestinal, orthopedic, cardiovascular and neurovascular.
- We need a candidate that has the ability to develop preclinical animal models to evaluate the efficacy and safety of new product concepts across different therapeutic areas.
- You will play a meaningful role in providing input on the evaluation of physical safety and efficacy for technologies and products at all stages of the product life cycle.
- You will collaborate with our R&D partners to develop robust preclinical studies to address evidence generation for regulatory approval and customer adoption of new technologies.
- The Preclinical Scientist will draft scientific communications such as protocols, reports, power point presentations to effectively convey methodology, data and conclusions.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Assess, communicate and manage the risks associated to the preclinical evaluation of product concept for projects to ensure success.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing the scientific and leadership of preclinical scientists.
- Doctorate degree in biological sciences, biomedical engineering or veterinary medicine with a minimum of 3 years of experience in preclinical experience in a medical device, academic or pharmaceutical setting OR Master's degree with a minimum of 6 years of experience in preclinical experience in a medical device, academic or pharmaceutical settings OR Bachelors degree with a minimum 10 years of experience in preclinical experience in a medical device, academic or pharmaceutical setting is required
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop large animal preclinical models to evaluate technologies and product concepts.
- Expertise in the ability to perform a variety of large model surgical procedures such as laparoscopic, endoscopic and interventional cardiovascular/neurovascular, etc. is required.
- Knowledge of medical device regulations, regulatory/notified body requirements is preferred.
- You will work across the business functions to influence our program's direction using
- Excellent communication skills – written/oral/listening
- Ability to clearly document and communicate plans and results.
- Lead and work effectively in a collaborative environment that embraces ownership and accountability for innovation, change, risk, and flexibility.
- Will interact with FDA, USDA, and AAALAC Auditors as needed
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Ohio-Cincinnati-4545 Creek Road
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)