Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Principal Scientist, Preclinical Development (PCD) Leader
Requisition ID: 4975180625
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Principal Scientist, Preclinical Development (PCD) Leader in Spring House, PA
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Principal Scientist, PCD Leader provides leadership within Preclinical Development & Safety (PD&S) for all aspects of the non-clinical global development plan and its implementation for assigned products. The PCD Leader is the single point of accountability within PD&S to the Compound Development Team (CDT) and is the interface between the CDT and PD&S functional and senior management. The PCD Leader manages the project deliverables from PD&S in conjunction with PD&S functional management, senior management, and the product Team. As a Senior Principal Scientist, Preclinical Development (PCD) Leader, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Represents PD&S on the CDT, being the single point of contact within PD&S to the CDT for assigned projects and the interface between the CDT and PD&S functional and senior management
- Leads the development and maintenance of the PD&S strategic plan as well as the PD&S project plans (activities, resource requirements, budget and timelines) for the compound
- Responsible for the overall quality and timely delivery of projects for the CDT.
- Drives projects through PD&S
- Accountable for all global regulatory preclinical documents (e.g. IB, CTA/IND, NDA/MAA, CTD and responses to regulatory agencies) for assigned projects
- Responsible for due diligence activities on potential L&A candidates
- Support preclinical needs of ICs
- Represents PD&S at tc/face to face meetings with global regulatory authorities
- Perform other work related duties as assigned
- PhD in toxicology, pharmacology or related field with at least 12 years pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience is required OR a DVM/VMD with at least 12 years pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience is required
- Previous leadership experience (coaching, mentoring, leading) in a matrix environment is required
- Post-doctoral training in toxicology, pharmacology or related field is preferred
- Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT) is preferred
- Experience as a Study Director/Study Monitor conducting/monitoring toxicology studies under Good Laboratory Practice regulations is preferred
- Experience representing toxicology/non-clinical safety on Compound Development Teams (CDTs) is preferred
- Excellent publication record is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Up to 10 % domestic and international travel is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)