Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Products (JJMP), a division of Johnson & Johnson Inc., markets and distributes medical device and diagnostic solutions for use in institutional and primary health care settings across Canada. JJMP focuses on providing minimally invasive treatment options spanning various medical procedures and disease states. Among the products represented by its various business units are: surgical instruments, orthopedic implants, devices for women’s health including breast care, infection prevention and general-purpose sterilizers, hernia solutions, hemostatic products, cardiovascular and neurovascular diagnostics and treatment.
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision is recruiting for a Product Manager, located in Toronto.
The Product Manager (PM) will localize global strategy to drive product adoption and demand by defining product positioning and customer segmentation/targeting strategies for their defined portfolio. The PM will interact with key stakeholders to develop relevant market insights, forecast demand, and ensure consistent product supply. The individual will also develop relationships with Canadian Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and leading institutions in order to advance the market adoption.
- Champion the management of the portfolio to achieve maximum sales and in- market opportunities. Be perceived by stakeholders as “the expert”. Maintain the integrity of the portfolio by ensuring adherence to the strategies.
- Interpret market data and qualitative insights to validate product positioning and promotional direction for the portfolio (or brand). Develop data-driven business cases to support the implementation of new commercial programs, then enable regular progress reporting against defined program Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Coordinate activities of cross functional areas, advertising agency and suppliers. Build and maintain relationships with global counterparts and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
- Take responsibility for allocated Advertising and Promotion (A&P) budgets and prioritize decisions and activities to ensure efficient use of resources and address critical issues impacting the portfolio, to maximize growth.
- Respond to field sales requests in a timely manner and encourage ongoing communications.
- Forecasting products within the portfolio, including the monthly S&OP process and quarterly/annual reviews.
- Bachelors degree (science-related discipline or business preferred). A Master in Business Administration would be an asset.
- A minimum of four (4) years of product marketing experience in the medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry (medical education would be asset)
- Previous product management experience and proven management skills
- Strategic thinking abilities – demonstrated through a track record of success in developing and executing plans to show impact and a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, a strong customer focus, as well as excellent judgment and decision-making abilities
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated critical thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Business acumen to develop local strategies in collaboration with Global business partners
- Knowledge of the healthcare environment and external marketplace
- Bilingualism (English/French) an asset.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential
AMO Canada Company (7037)