Johnson & Johnson Careers
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 4971190917
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist in Discovery immunology, located in Spring House, PA.
At Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scientist will be a member of the Immunology Discovery group in a fast paced, highly matrixed and interactive environment. This group is focused on discovering novel therapeutics to treat inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.
Janssen is looking for a motivated Scientist to join our Spring House-based team and be part of a broader group focused on adaptive immune mechanisms and pathways based in Spring House, PA. The primary responsibility will be to actively engage in early discovery efforts by providing scientific leadership as well as designing and executing experiments to support Janssen Immunology discovery strategies. The candidate will have direct responsibility for the origination and defense of new ideas and contribute to on-going projects. The candidate should also possess the ability to independently design and implement experiments, interpret data, present results to peer scientists, and troubleshoot issues while maintaining an accurate record for compliance with data integrity requirements. Ability to work in a collaborative environment and lead, influence, and contribute in cross-functional teams is necessary.
• PhD or MS in Immunology or a related field such as pharmacology, immune-oncology or virology, with a minimum of 2+ years of post-doctoral/industry experience for PhD candidates and 5-7+ years of industry experience for MS candidates is required.
• Experience with human cell isolation, purification, and primary cell-based assays is required.
• Human T or B-cell signaling pathways, whole blood assay development, cytokine analysis and immune cell interactions are highly preferred.
• Understanding of B-cell biology, negative regulation, and development is highly preferred.
• Knowledge of autoinflammatory diseases and in vivo disease models is preferred.
• Multidimensional data analyses experience or knowledge of bioinformatics tools such as R or Python is preferred.
• Previous mentoring and supervision of non-PhD level scientists is preferred.
• Strong track record of publications is required.
• Strong written and oral communication skills to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues and leadership, and an ability to provide fit-for-purpose communication in the context of a multidisciplinary team are required.
• Position located in Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)