Johnson & Johnson Careers
Global Leader, Immunology Communications
Requisition ID: 4966190122
Janssen is recruiting for a Global Leader, Immunology Communications to support the Janssen Research & Development’s Immunology Therapeutic Area (TA), based in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in immunology, oncology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit https://www.janssen.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Global Leader, Immunology Communications works within the global R&D environment and reports to the Senior Director, Therapeutic Area Communication Leader (TACL), Immunology. In this position, you would be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of integrated, global, internal and external communication strategies to support the business objectives of the Immunology Therapeutic Area, including several immunology products. Responsibilities include driving PR activities for pipeline and launched products, issues management, and employee communications.
External Communication (60%)
- Lead, develop and execute strategic external communication on several global/regional immunology brands. Coordinate with partners’ communications personnel to ensure alignment as needed.
- Craft materials for regional and local communicators’ use: toolkits for regulatory milestones (approvals, new indications, etc.), US and template data press releases and strategies, issues management, etc.
- Work closely with regional communicators to provide updates, ensure their needs are met, and identify issues/opportunities that should be shared more broadly. You would also need to build positive relationships with these colleagues to cultivate trust.
- You would be actively engaged with the Global Commercial Teams, Compound Development Team Leaders, Global Medical Affairs Leaders and Global Commercial Team Leaders, working to ensure communications programs are as strong as possible in support of R&D and commercial strategies. In addition, you would need to develop strong relationships with these partners, providing counsel and anticipating opportunities and issues.
- Develop a unified and comprehensive strategy for data presentations and medical meetings, which may involve presentations across multiple brands. You would work in close partnership with the TACL to ensure consistency across brands.
- Responsible for developing key messages for use in media and investor relations; serve as media spokesperson and a liaison with Investor Relations and Corporate Communications.
- Handle partner press releases announcing new business deals or achievements, including working closely with Business Development, the Innovation Centers and Investor Relations teams to develop an integrated communication strategy related to these developments.
- Lead strategy and execution for the externally facing web content related to Immunology.
- Build links with patient advocacy groups.
- Partner with the TACL in building a strategy and impactful, creative materials in support of the overall TA story. This may include messaging, advertisements, enhanced content for Janssen.com and JNJ.com, presentations, identifying and coordinating speaking engagements for R&D leaders, and materials used in ongoing recruiting efforts.
- Run social media related to the Immunology TA, including interacting with the regions and corporate communications. Work to improve the social media skills of Immunology leadership with respect to LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook.
- Manage public relations agencies and assigned budgets.
Internal Communication (40%)
- Lead, develop and execute on internal communication strategies for Janssen Immunology to engage employees and internal partners and heighten their level of understanding and engagement in the TA’s strategic priorities. Key channels include news articles, intranet sites, quarterly townhalls, and various internal initiatives. Our audiences include R&D, the global commercial organization, and the regional commercial organizations.
- Craft resources for use by Immunology leadership with the broader teams, with a focus on change management, in support of a new governance structure and evolving strategy.
- Build an online resource center for TA leadership, housing core decks and materials for their ongoing use.
- Partner closely with Human Resources and the Senior Leadership Teams on strategies and tactics to connect with and motivate our employees.
- Develop strategies and materials that convey the exciting Immunology TA story all of R&D, Janssen and Johnson & Johnson.
- Participate in special communication projects, as assigned, working with cross-TA, functional area teams and the global communication leaders (both corporate and pharm) as needed to meet business objectives.
- Able to act independently and with confidence across all settings.
- Proven performer with 7+ years of experience in public relations with a preference for significant experience in leading healthcare public relations programs in a company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency
- Bachelor's degree in liberal arts, business or related discipline required (communications or journalism a plus)
- Consistent track record of successful public relations/communications, corporate communications, product approval and/or launch communications support and/or media relations achievements
- Experience taking care of national and local media is required; experience with professional/ trade and third-party community organizations and government agencies is helpful
- Experience in internal communications and executive support
- Experience in leading public relations agencies/consultants
- Direct pharmaceutical/product experience a plus; global public relations experience is a strong plus
- Crisis/issue management experience is required
- Ability to develop successful working relationships with senior executives is required
- Experience in handling project budgets/schedules is required
- Occasional domestic and international travel is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)