Johnson & Johnson Careers
Mechatronics Engineer Co-Op
Requisition ID: 4963190917
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
Auris is a technology company defining the future of medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
Auris is in Redwood City, CA, approximately 45 minutes south of San Francisco. It will be up to the candidate to find and secure housing.
Mechatronics Engineer assist the ME & MFG engineers on technical knowledge and experience designing, simulating and implementing software/hardware to interact on test equipment for robotics systems. At Auris, Mechatronics Engineers create and evaluate new and existing technology for suitability on test systems
Auris is seeking motivated individuals whom are interested in pursuing a career in complex mechanical engineering, advanced CAD equipment and design interaction with the instruments for performance test purposes, CAD modeling, hands-on manufacturing of prototypes, bench testing and reports.
- Assist with design and prototype test fixtures activities including CAD, manufacturing, assembly, testing, debugging, and documentation for electro-mechanical fixtures
- Coordinate with different teams and coworkers to accomplish tasks
- Generate and present design concepts, perform design reviews to team members
- Currently enrolled in an accredited program pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree in Mechatronics Engineering or similar degree and returning to an academic program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Experience with SolidWorks including creating models, assemblies, and detailed drawings
- Experience with hand tools, power tools, step motors, PLCs, linear actuators, force sensors, etc.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to engage in self-directed learning and remain productive with minimal supervision
- Prior internship or Co-op experience recommended but not a must
- Robotics or medical device experience will be a huge benefit
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have work authorization in the United States at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)