Johnson & Johnson Careers
Ethicon Sales Representative – Energy – San Antonio, TX – Ethicon US LLC
Requisition ID: 4942181019
Ethicon US, LLC, a part of the Global Surgery Group within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Sales Representative- Energy, located in San Antonio, TX.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today. Learn more at www.ethicon.com, or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon
Our Energy platform is focused on ultra-sonic and advanced bipolar tissue sealing and we work with surgeons and clinicians around the world to develop innovative medical devices that advance the medical industry. Our goal is to become the undisputed global market leader in advanced energy by enabling our customers to achieve superior outcomes with innovations that provide strong clinical & economic value propositions, superior tissue effects, and ease of product use.
The role of Sales Representative- Energy is to expand the sales of specific Ethicon US LLC products and to convert competitive products in a manner that complies with the company policies and sales direction. The Sales Specialist will own end-to-end selling of appropriate products for Energy procedures and focus on driving growth among target specialists and new accounts. They are required to acquire in-depth Energy product/procedure expertise, while covering larger territories. The Sales Specialist is responsible for understanding and demonstrating proper preparation and surgical use of specific target specialty products.
Additional job responsibilities include:
- Own end-to-end selling of appropriate products for Energy procedures and focus on driving growth among target specialists and new accounts.
- Acquire in-depth Energy product and procedure expertise, while covering larger territories.
- Understand and demonstrate proper preparation and surgical use of specific target specialty products.
- Understand the role that the physicians, nurses, support staff, and hospital administration play in the sales process.
- Provide technical and professional support to assist customers.
- Build excellent customer relations with key physicians, hospital personnel, and authorized distributors, as well as conduct customer education seminars as appropriate. Demonstrate the ability to handle customer product questions and objections in a way that is consistent with sales training methodology.
- Execute the selling process in a manner that is concise, compliant, professional, ethical, and persuasive; and which leads the customer to action.
- Conduct sales presentations by using current selling methods learned in sales training courses.
- Analyze data and stay updated about market information and will be responsible for business planning (e.g. setting priorities and making sound business decisions based on understanding of sales opportunities within accounts).
- Forecast attainment in assigned accounts.
- Record sales, customer calls, account visits, and territory achievements.
- Comply with standards for safe behavior and demonstrates product, procedure, and clinical knowledge.
- Conduct business in accordance with the Business Conduct Policy, HCC, and other J&J policies and procedures.
- The Sales Specialist will also have excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office and Apple applications.
Please apply today to be considered for this position, or other positions in the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
- An undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in an applicable field is required.
- A minimum of 1+ year relevant sales experience is required.
- More than 3 years’ experience in outside sales is preferred.
- Operating room sales/ medical device experience is preferred.
- Documentation of successful sales performance is preferred.
- The ability to work in a lab or operating room environment is required.
- A valid driver's license issued in one of the 50 United States is required.
- Candidates with documented successful sales performance (high growth, results vs. plan), the ability to target accounts and achieve results through a daily action plan and the ability to collaborate with other J&J associates (peers, marketing, Strategic Account Managers), external companies (distributor reps) and KOLs are preferred.
- Self-starters with strong time management and planning skills are also preferred.
- Hospital-based pharmaceutical or medical device experience as well as experience in product sales to a highly educated/high profile customer base is strongly preferred.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and
ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Texas-San Antonio-
Ethicon US, LLC (6040)