Field Training Manager, Oncology (Solid Tumor) – East Coast/Horsham, PA - Janssen Biotech, Inc.
Janssen Biotech, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting a Field Training Manager, East located in close proximity to the Horsham, Pennsylvania office.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. has delivered on the promise of new treatments and new ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a rich legacy of innovative "firsts" Janssen Biotech, Inc. pursues innovative solutions in the therapeutic areas of immunology, oncology and nephrology. With the same unwavering passion for new challenges, we dedicate ourselves to delivering solutions for these disease states where unmet needs continue to exist. Rooted in rich scientific collaborations and community-based relationships, we have access to some of the top minds in science today, allowing us to advance the treatment of patients through our innovative medicines. Our discoveries lead us not only to new treatments, but also to new ways to empower patients and expand their access to quality care - because we believe that changing lives for the better takes more than medicine.
The Oncology Field Training Manager will be a hybrid role with split time supporting the Oncology Solid East region and responsibilities as a HQ Solid Disease Area trainer working out of the Horsham office location. The Training Manager reports to the Sr. Manager, Advanced Capabilities in the Oncology Learning Excellence, Engagements and Operations (LEEP) Department. The Training Manager is responsible for developing Field Sales Representatives and Specialists through training and coaching activities that result in increased performance and business results across the geographic area. The Training Manager will enhance the proficiency of Sales Representatives’ and Specialists’ selling skills, disease state and product knowledge, account management capability, territory business acumen, and technical/clinical proficiency across their geographic area. The individual will apply knowledge of adult learning principles, facilitation skills, and innovative learning solutions to execute best-in-class training programs.
The Training Manager will partner with the Regional Business Director and the Field Operations team to accelerate the improvement of selling skills and sales model competencies. The Training Manager executes training by conducting field rides, virtual coaching sessions and live classroom training to further develop learners’ skill sets. They will conduct an ongoing environmental scan across the Region and Nation to identify potential learning gaps throughout the Oncology field sales organization and partner with the extended Learning Excellence team to develop and execute focused learning curriculum. Accordingly, the Field Trainer will collaborate with peers, Learning Excellence, Sales Leadership, Marketing, Regulatory, and other stakeholders to design and deploy targeted programs that meet all learning needs and enhance on the job application.
The Training Manager will devote 50% of their time working as a Solid Disease Area Trainer. They will be responsible for developing and delivering POA meetings, workshops, and launches that create increased capabilities for the target field-based sales team. The Trainer will develop, enhance, and deliver new hire training programs consisting of pre-work, class work, and post-class follow-up activities. In addition, the Trainer needs to remain current on healthcare environment, marketplace, and access changes as well as maintain clinical, product and selling skills expertise. The Trainer serves as a conduit between Marketing and Sales by translating and communicating brand strategies to Sales personnel through multiple training mediums, while adhering to Regulatory Guidelines.
In addition to the above, responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Trains and develops Janssen Oncology Salesforce within certain geographical locations
- Performs one-on-one or group field coaching sessions in various customer settings
- Develops and executes live and virtual training sessions
- Facilitate workshops at National, Regional, and District meetings by coordinating efforts, materials, and participants while maximizing engagement and effectively enhancing field learning.
- Leads learning sessions to increase the salesforce’s understanding of clinical, product, marketplace, and access knowledge as well as healthcare environment and competitor trends.
- Designs and delivers impactful learning programs that leverage appropriate technology, learning techniques (e.g., role-playing, modeling), and different modalities to enhance individuals’ knowledge and performance.
- Provides actionable feedback during and following training sessions to improve individuals’ proficiency levels.
- Continually develops and applies knowledge of adult learning principles, and new learning techniques to best meet learners’ needs.
- Applies effective facilitation skills to develop and deliver learning programs that maximize impact.
- Identifies and communicates learning and development opportunities to initiate innovative approaches to the training curriculum.
- Demonstrate effective platform skills when facilitating meetings or delivering training to maximize the impact of the session and ensure that information is communicated consistently and clearly.
- Ensures training content and materials fully comply with HCC and Company guidelines and is approved through all appropriate channels.
- Ensures compliance with HCC and Company guidelines when facilitating content.
- Conduct home office-based classroom training if/when needed due to increased training demand, Trainer vacancies/leaves, and other situational needs.
- Collaborates with Brand, assigned districts and regions within ONCOLOGY and other LEEP partners on training content to support strategic initiatives and training needs.
- Partners with the Marketing, field salesforce, RBD, and DM to identify needs and ensure training content aligns with needs.
- Manages competing priorities and adapts to changes in project timelines, urgency, or compliance constraints.
- Develops and implements short- and long-term project plans and meets objectives, milestones, and deliverables for multiple projects.
- Identifies and manages the necessary resources for projects.
- Collaborates efforts with peers, Marketing, RBDs, and DMs to ensure consistency, leverage resources, and share best practices.
- Partners with internal and external stakeholders to devise strategies and materials for use within each region, based on individual strengths and areas for development.
- Participates in business planning sessions, leadership calls, and region initiatives across all supported Districts and Regions.
- Assists Brand and Learning Excellence in developing customer‐centric messaging.
- Conducts Market Research as needed in collaboration with the ONCOLOGY supported brands.
- Remains current on product knowledge, marketplace conditions, and stakeholder practices to deliver the most effective delivery of materials.
- Knowledgeable regarding entire oncology product portfolio and disease areas
- Understands the changing healthcare ecosystem and adapts learning solutions to address changes.
- Develops clinical fluency in all assigned disease states to equip learners to engage stakeholders in meaningful, results-driven conversations.
- Demonstrates fluency in field reporting tools (ex: iQlik, SICP reports) and can provide training to improve Specialist business acumen skills and knowledge
- Demonstrates selling skills to understand and meet the customer’s needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s a plus
- 3+ years prior sales experience with 2+ years in Institutional, Specialty, or Device marketplace preferred
- Oncology Solid Tumor experience preferred
- Living within close proximity to Horsham, PA HQ office to minimize travel preferred
- Ability to navigate iPad and to learn other internal software programs as necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Valid driver’s license required in State of residence
- Ability to travel >40% of the time
The following competencies define the behaviors associated with success in this role.
COMMUNICATION- Clear communicator with strong presentation skills. Ability to translate and deliver complex messages clearly, and consistently to a broad range of stakeholders
LEARNING EXCELLENCE - Incorporates adult learning principles into the design, development, and execution of blended learning solutions that address critical business needs.
TECHNOLOGY UTILIZATION - Leverages diverse learning technologies and identifies innovative new technologies to create user focused, efficient, and effective learning experiences that drive business outcomes.
COLLABORATIVE PARTNERSHIPS - Identifies, develops, and leverages internal and external partnerships to collaborate and address business goals.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Manages projects accounting for timelines, compliance constraints, business needs, budget, and available resources.
MARKETPLACE AND ACCESS KNOWLEDGE - Understands and monitors the evolving marketplace dynamics, market access, and reimbursement changes that impact the design and delivery of learning solutions.
CLINICAL AND SELLING EXPERTISE – Leverages knowledge of product portfolio, clinical acumen, and selling skills to ensure the alignment of learning solutions with stakeholder needs.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)