Johnson & Johnson Careers
CHEMISTRY SUMMER INTERN SPRING HOUSE
Requisition ID: 4925190129
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting an undergraduate student for a synthetic organic chemistry intern position, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently seeking an outstanding and motivated individual to work in the Discovery Chemistry group located in Spring House, PA, as a summer intern. The internship program is focused on providing undergraduate college students an opportunity to learn about the role of organic chemistry in the drug discovery process.
The synthetic organic chemistry intern will:
- work collaboratively with a senior-level scientist
- synthesize, purify, and characterize novel structures
- participate in ongoing project team meetings
- be exposed to various other functions within the drug discovery teams at Janssen
- participate in campus-wide activities across the Janssen Spring House summer intern community
- be based in Spring House, PA (suburban Philadelphia area)
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a B.S. degree or equivalent in a field related to the chemical sciences.
- Completion of introductory organic chemistry laboratory and coursework is required.
- Familiarity with modern spectroscopic and analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC) is preferred.
- Prior undergraduate research experience (outside of standard curriculum) is preferred.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must be available to work 40 hours/week.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.2 is strongly preferred.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)