Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist, Technical Business Solutions-Irvine, CA. Advanced Sterilization Products
Requisition ID: 4925181106
ASP (Advanced Sterilization Products) is a leading designer and developer of innovative instrument sterilization, high-level disinfection, and cleaning technologies. The company is dedicated to providing infection prevention solutions that create the safest possible environments for patients, healthcare providers and communities. ASP is based in Irvine, California with offices around the world. For more information, please visit www.aspjj.com or follow us at www.Twitter.com/aspjj.
Johnson & Johnson announced that it has received a binding offer from Fortive Corporation to acquire Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP). If the offer is accepted, the proposed transaction would be expected to close no later than early 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. Should you receive and accept an offer for this position, upon completion of the transaction, your employment with ASP will transfer to Fortive according to local law and will be governed by Fortive’s employment processes, programs, policies and benefits plans.
Advanced Sterilization Products is currently recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Technical Business Solutions in the Research & Development function located in Irvine, CA.
The Principal Scientist, Technical Business Solutions will be responsible for leading projects in support of the development, implementation and use of ASP products and technologies for reprocessing medical devices.
This Technical Business Solutions team represents the external-facing arm of R&D with deep product and technology expertise. The responsibilities of this team include:
Customer problem-solving requiring significant technology/product expertise
Device qualifications for reprocessing in ASP systems
Standards development related to the ASP business
Planning and execution of competitive studies/testing
Field training on new products/technology
External technical presentations/publications
Development of deep expertise on customer practices for translation into new product concepts.
In this role, the Principal Scientist, Technical Business Solutions will:
Plan, coordinate and execute Technical Business Solution deliverables in conjunction with business and medical device manufacturing partners.
Provide R&D technical leadership to support projects that are critical to achieving the business objectives of the company.
Collaborate with Global Strategic Marketing partners to support new product launches.
Lead small R&D teams working on resolving critical customer issues in support of production commercialization for medical device reprocessing and infection control projects.
Acts as subject matter expert in interaction with external groups with regard to Advanced Sterilization products and technologies.
Motivate R&D teams to engage with customers and translate those learnings to product development and commercialization.
Collaborate on compliance standards including monitoring, compliance with the relevant guidance documents, such as from ISO and FDA.
Provides mentoring and coaching to junior team members, supports an environment that encourages risk-taking; promote teamwork; encourage others to pursue challenging goals and to challenge the status quo.
- B.S. in Microbiology or closely related field with 9+ years of applicable professional experience or M.S. in Microbiology or closely related field with 7+ years of applicable professional experience or Ph.D. in Microbiology or closely related field with 4+ years of applicable professional experience is required
- Professional experience in a GxP-regulated industry and understanding of QSR, FDA, and ISO guidelines is required
- Knowledge of sterilization, disinfection and cleaning technologies is required
- Must have demonstrated experience working in high-performing development teams
- Product development experience for sterilants and disinfectants is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in process development and introduction of new product to WW markets
- Strong track record of scientific publications or patents is preferred
- The successful candidate must be self-driven, innovative, have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and capable of working independently or in a team
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills as well as demonstrate the ability to effectively function in a cross-functional team environment
- This position is located in Irvine, CA and will require up to 20% domestic and/or international travel
Ethicon Inc. (6045)