Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 4921180625
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Staff Engineer, to be in Milpitas, CA.
JJV, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, and through the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics in 2017, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging Surgical Vision (Cataracts and Lasik portfolio) and Vision Care (ACUVUE and Consumer Eye Health solutions) family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the JJV brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in total eye healthcare solutions.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
In this role, the Staff Engineer, will be responsible for the development and implementation of customer based solutions that improves the customer experience and overall product quality. This position will be responsible for design, development and implementation of electrical enhancements improving on-market products and/or quality release metrics. This position will also be required to work cross-functionally with R&D and Program/Product Quality Managers to ensure design intent, manufacture of design related changes and automation groups to ensure design standards have been met.
Customer Experience Staff Engineer Responsibilities:
- Translate customer requirements into product lifecycle improvements aimed at improving the customer experience
- Apply strong engineering principles (PCBA design and reliability, Analog / Digital circuitry, firmware programming) to achieve VOC requirements
- Generate and execute protocols/reports with statistical reference
- Interact directly with external customers to determined and identify unmet needs to support life-cycle improvements
- Work with External Manufacturing & Supply Chain to ensure flawless execution of product/equipment improvements
- Coordinate the fabrication of prototypes and testing to verify design meets specifications
- Design and document test methods
- Design and fabricate test fixtures
- Contributes technical expertise for systemic Non-Conformances and CAPAs
- Adherence to Quality Management Systems and Environmental, Health & Safety
- Ability to work within a technical team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
· Ability to communicate effectively horizontally and vertically in a matrix organization
· Lead the resolution of cross-functional and platform issues, tradeoffs, and risk in accordance with system objectives.
· Manage the integration of subsystems in accordance with program requirements.
· Manage and participate in failure analysis, root cause development, and validation of corrective actions.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering; Master’s Degree in a technical field preferred
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience product design
- Proficiency in troubleshooting electrical systems
- Strong understanding of Systems Engineering activities with relevant professional experience
- Experience leading failure analysis, root cause development and resolution
- Experience in a Regulated environment required
- Experience in Medical Device Industry preferred
- Demonstrated technical project leadership capability with experience working in a cross-functional teams is required
- Experience working with Vendors and Suppliers is required.
- Knowledge of part manufacturing processes & tooling methodologies are preferred.
- This position is based in Milpitas, CA and could have up to 20% travel both domestic and/or international.
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)