Johnson & Johnson Careers
ASSOCIATE ENGINEER PACKAGE DEVELOPMENT
Requisition ID: 4914180622
Ethicon Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Package Development Engineer. The position is located in Somerville, NJ.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created over 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Associate Package Development Engineer is responsible for:
- Acting as team member on a package development project by conducting specific technical assignments under the day to day direction of a more senior Package Development Engineer.
Core Package Development Engineer responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and validate package components and packaging processes for sterile surgical devices.
- Evaluate new package concepts or technologies.
- Lead or participate in process improvement or task teams.
- Work in conjunction with the Graphics group to deliver packaging components in a timely manner for Research & Development / Packaging Systems projects
- Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
- A minimum of a BS in Packaging Engineering (or related, i.e Chemical or Mechanical Engineering) with a minimum of 3 months of relevant work experience (i.e.Co-Op) is required.
- Core Package Development Engineer Skills is required.
- Candidate must have communication skills; written and oral – all levels – technical and non-technical.
- Candidate must have business / technical writing skills and communicating technical information and its implications to non-technical staff.
- Candidate must be able to apply analytical skills and professional judgment to generate valid solutions to technical assignments. Candidate will be able to function independently on specific assignment objectives requiring investigation of a limited number of variables.
- Candidate will be able to function effectively with limited supervision.
- Analytical skills and professional judgment required to resolve technical, package design, development and / or processing issues.
- Candidate will be able to prepare project work plans, identify the timing, estimated cost and quantity of resources required, and understand the interrelationships of key activities.
- Candidate will have personal computer skills, Windows: word processing, project planning, presentation, e-mail and spreadsheet software.
Also, candidate will be able to create
packaging documentation using CADD (Computer-Aided Drafting and Design)
software, a plus.
Position may require up to 10% of travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)